July/August Challenge: recipe challenge for kids!
Calling all kids: submit your favorite recipe made with local ingredients, and it could be featured in an upcoming cookbook! We’ve teamed up with local cookbook author Deanna Cook, whose cookbook for kids is scheduled to be published by Storey Publishing in the fall of 2014. We want to hear from kids who are getting creative in the kitchen and playing with seasonal, local foods.
- Seasonal, locally-grown foods should feature prominently, but there is no set requirement.
- Kids of all ages are invited to participate! Parents are encouraged to help with ideas, skills beyond the age of the lead chef, and writing up recipes, but recipes should be kid-driven and kid-friendly.
- If appropriate recipes are submitted, Deanna will choose a winner and will follow up directly with them about the details.
- CISA will also feature appropriate recipes, with credit, on our website.
- Recipes are due by August 31, 2013.