Hiring: Center/Department Director, Go Fresh Mobile Market – YMCA of Greater Springfield
For 165 years, the YMCA of Greater Springfield has provided youth development, fostered healthy living, and promoted social responsibility in the 14 cities and towns that it serves. We take pride in being one of the largest non-school educators in the state, one of the top 120 Y’s in the U.S., and the second oldest Y in the country.
They are currently looking for a Mobile Farmer’s Market Manager (Go Fresh Mobile) to join their team. Whether you are interested in joining a leading non-profit or looking to advance your Y career, this is your opportunity to help make our community better together.
Please note that any and all offers of employment are contingent on the successful completion of a background check, reference check, and new hire packet. In roles where driving is required as an essential function, a driver history check must also be successfully completed.
This person will play an important part in the work that we do each day. In addition to all other duties as assigned, this role will:
Oversee the day-to-day management and operations of the Go Fresh Mobile Farmer’s Market
- Liaise between the Y, Partners for a Healthier Community, related regulatory agencies, and donors and Farmer’s
- Supervise any staff related to the Go Fresh Mobile Market such as an Associate or Driver
- Develop and execute a service delivery schedule that matches the needs of the budget
- Complete all administrative tasks related to the mobile market including:
- Inventory control and ordering from farmers and distributers
- Assisting in financial reporting and reconciliation
- Certifications, insurances, registrations, and permitting
- All other areas as may be related to general business operations
- Provide timely performance reporting and operational status updates to the Y and the Partners for a Healthier Community
- Operate the Go Fresh Mobile PO, CC, and EBT systems
- Familiarity with the DTA Healthy Incentive Program
This is a temporary role that is funded via grant and partner relationships. Employment is contingent on the availability of these funds and Mobile Market performance. This is a year round position starting in May. Please note that the schedule during this time frame will vary between 20 and 40 hours per week.
The requirements and preferences (where indicated) for this role are listed below. Please review them carefully to ensure that you apply for the role that best matches your qualifications. Additional years of professional experience or a Rank of E-5 or better may be used in lieu of education requirements where permitted.
- An Associates’ degree in a business, agriculture, or related field
At least 4 years of experience in direct supervision
At least 2 years of experience with mobile farmer or food markets
- At least 3 years of experience in program management
- Strong proficiency in Office 365
While each of our leadership competencies plays a role in the success of our staff members, for this role we will be paying special attention to the areas of:
Engaging Community – Builds bridges with others in the community to ensure the Y’s work is community-focused and welcoming of all, providing community benefit.
- Inclusion – Values all people for their unique talents, and takes an active role in promoting practices that support diversity, Inclusion, and global work, as well as cultural competence.
- Critical Thinking & Decision Making – Makes informed decisions based on logic, data, and sound judgement.
- Program Management – Ensure program or project goals are met and that the intended impact occurs.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. We are proud to be a champion of diversity and an equal employment opportunity / affirmative action employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the staff member is regularly required to:
Sit, stand, or reach for extended periods of time;
Move around the work environment independently;
Communicate via computer, multi-line phone, and smart-phone; and,
Push, pull, carry, or lift up to 30 pounds for short periods of time.
The noise level in the work place is usually moderate, but may vary based on a number of external factors.
- This role takes place both indoors and outdoors.