Job Opening: Bookkeeper
Status: Part-time Position (24-28 hours/week)
Timeframe: Review begins 5/31/18, position open until filled
Community Involved in Sustaining Agriculture (CISA) is a non-profit organization that strengthens farms and engages the community to build the local food economy. Our programs include the Be a Local Hero, Buy Locally Grown® marketing campaign, educational activities for the public, technical assistance trainings and workshops for farmers, and programs to expand market options for farmers and increase access to local food for all communities in our region.
The Bookkeeper performs all bookkeeping functions and is responsible for maintenance and analysis of accounting records according to generally accepted accounting principles. This position collects, compiles, records, and prepares data and reports necessary for decision-making as requested. The Bookkeeper is also responsible for preparing grant invoicing, preparing regular unfunded expense reports, and tracking accounts payable and accounts receivable.
1) Bookkeeping and personnel
- Process and enter accounts payable and accounts receivable into Quickbooks
- Print checks for approved payables, obtain required signatures, and mail with appropriate back up
- Manage all invoices, receipts, and payments as required by grant funders
- Maintain all CISA’s financial records, including sub-contracts, grant agreements, and book balance
- Maintain bank accounts, verify account balances, and reconcile bank statements in Quickbooks
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal rules and regulations
- Prepare and track invoices and requests for reimbursement
- Prepare routine financial statements and reports
- Maintain confidential payroll files and reports
- Support yearly and quarterly budget preparation, budget review, and financial forecasting by management
- Prepare and review tax reports
- Ensure that the auditor receives all requested financial information in a timely fashion
- Implement investment decisions for Reserve Fund and monitor funds
- Track relevant grant spend downs and allocations
- Manage and track requests for extensions, budget revisions, or other adjustments for current grants
- Work closely with the Program Director to prepare quarterly grant billing
4) Other Tasks as Required
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years’ experience in bookkeeping
- Extremely detail oriented and accurate
- Ability to work independently
- High level of proficiency in QuickBooks and Microsoft Office
- Nonprofit experience a plus
- Relevant grant experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting a plus
HOURS AND COMPENSATION
- This is a 24-28 hour/week position.
- Salary range is $19-$22/hour.
- We offer paid vacation and sick leave, dental and vision insurance, and SIMPLE IRA matching.
CISA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. References may be requested. Review begins 5/31/18, position open until filled.