Job Opening: Development Coordinator
Status: 35 – 40 (full-time) hours a week
Time Frame: Review begins October 28, 2019, position open until filled
Community Involved in Sustaining Agriculture (CISA) is a nonprofit organization that strengthens farms and engages the community to build the local food economy. Our programs include the Be a Local Hero, Buy Locally Grown® marketing campaign, educational activities for the public, technical assistance trainings and workshops for farmers, and programs to expand market options for farmers and increase access to local food for all communities in our region.
This position is responsible for developing and implementing strategies to effectively identify prospects and cultivate, solicit, and steward donors. This includes event management, donor communications, and collaboration with program staff within the organization.
- Create and manage a portfolio of donors and prospects to engage with our work, this includes donor meetings and phone calls
- Track, maintain, and analyze metrics related to individual giving and solicitation
- Plan and execute cultivation and stewardship events annually
- Propose and initiate creative methods to develop a robust donor portfolio
- Conduct donor prospect research and generate prospect profiles
- Work with Development Director to effectively and creatively communicate with donors (updates, appeals, etc.)
- Maintain up to date knowledge of CISA’s work
- Support fundraising events
- As needed, support and participate in other development efforts as they relate to fundraising, special events, and outreach
- Collaborate with the Development Director to accomplish organizational goals
- Perform other similar duties as required (by responsibility or necessity) or as requested
REPORTING and SUPERVISION
This position reports to the Development Director. The Development Coordinator may supervise interns and volunteers.
- Comfort with asking people for money and talking about philanthropy
- Proven track record with individual fundraising or sales
- Ability and willingness to work collaboratively and independently as needed
- Solid writing skills with the ability for occasional quick turn around
- Experience and comfort with event planning
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, email marketing software, and social media
- Comfort working with donor databases or a willingness to learn
- One to three years’ experience working in a development office
- Desire to learn more about local agriculture and food
- Spanish fluency a plus
Hours and compensation: $19-$22/hour. This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Health care, vision, dental, long-term disability, IRA matching, sick time, and vacation are offered. Access to a car and some weekend and evening availability are required.
Writing samples and references may be requested.
CISA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
CISA, 1 Sugarloaf Street, South Deerfield, MA 01373.