COVID-19 testing options for farm employees and others
Ongoing COVID-19 testing access points for farm employees and others
COVID-19 testing access is improving in Massachusetts, and there are an increasing number of options for you and your employees to access testing free of cost, with or without insurance. “Stop the Spread” sites in Holyoke and Springfield are providing free testing without the need for insurance, symptoms, referrals, or identification.
See this interactive, searchable map for the most up-to-date information on all COVID testing locations throughout the state. A list of testing locations is available here, and click here for more information on testing in the state.
COVID-19 testing guidance for food and agriculture essential workers from MDAR
This guidance document outlines testing availability for food and agricultural workers in the Commonwealth, and steps to take in the event workers are sick or exposed to COVID-19. (issued 6/4/20)
Other ongoing opportunities for agricultural workers to access COVID testing, including the following:
- CVS locations in Northampton, West Springfield, Chicopee, Holyoke, and Southwick offer drive-thru testing to those with and without insurance who have one or more COVID symptoms or who have a referral from a medical provider or contact tracer. Extensive hours vary by location. Appointments are required – click here to make an appointment.
- MedExpress Urgent Care Centers in Hadley, Chicopee, and Westfield offer testing without a referral to those with any without systems who meet CDC criteria for testing. No appointment is required, but you must call (413) 253-0484 in advance of arriving for COVID testing for screening to verify eligibility and testing instructions.
- Baystate Brightwood Health Center (and several other Baystate locations) offers free drive-thru testing to those with or without insurance who have one or more COVID symptoms. Symptoms are not required for testing if you have a referral from a health care provider. An appointment is required. See more information here. If you are a current Baystate patient, call (413) 795-TEST(8378). Farm employees can also contact Community Health Workers Milta Franco at (413) 794-3295 or (413) 426-8863, or Luis Santiago-Gaetan at (413) 794-9409.
- Holyoke Medical Center offers testing 24 hours a day at 575 Beech Street in Holyoke to those with or without insurance who have one or more COVID symptoms. No referral or appointment is needed. Call (413) 534-2500 for more information and to confirm charge for asymptomatic testing.
- Cooley Dickinson Hospital offer drive-thru testing to patients or to non-patient adults with or without insurance. Referral is needed. To access testing and make an appointment, call (617) 724-7000.
- The Community Health Center of Franklin County offers limited hours of testing in Greenfield (in-office) and Orange (via drive-thru) to those with or without insurance. No referral is needed. See more information and make an appointment here. For more information, call the testing hotline at (413) 325-8501, or farm employees can also contact Community Health Worker Victor Almeida at (413) 325-8500, ext. 145, or (413) 834-2174. Contact Cameron Carey at (413) 325-8500, ext.112 to discuss the possibility of large-scale testing for farm employees (including transportation options).
A wide range of other health care providers provide testing to patients who currently have primary care providers; nearly all primary care providers have the capacity to test their symptomatic patients.