Hiring: CSA Distribution Manager – Next Barn Over
Runs May 23rd – Nov 1st
- Setting up and breaking down CSA distribution.
- Displaying and restocking vegetables in an attractive manner.
- Cleaning and putting away vegetable containers as needed.
- Keeping CSA share room and surrounding areas clean (extra time is available before set up to clean share room well). The shareroom must be kept looking full and abundant at all times and space must be kept clean, organized, and inviting.
- Welcoming and engaging with CSA members during the distributions.
- Responsible for register and cash drawer accounting.
- Having the appropriate display signs for each week’s distribution, as well as crafting any signs that are needed.
- Keeping track of any supplies that may be needed for proper share barn operation.
- Tracking produce during CSA share to communicate anything that we are running low on, or additions/changes that can be made to the distribution.
- Tracking leftover produce at the end of the CSA share and communicating this inventory information to farm owner.
- Coordinating with local survival centers regarding any food dontions throughout the season. Having these donations clearly labeled and easily accessible for pick up.
- Ordering and stocking resale products that we sell at our farm store.
- Being responsible for the U-pick field. This includes keeping the farm tidy, tracking which U-pick crops are ready, calculating the weekly quantities available, creating and displaying appropriate signs in the field, and updating the U-pick information boards.
Work Schedule will be approximately 10 hours on Monday and Wednesday (10am-8pm) and 8.5 hours on Saturday (7:00am-3:30pm).
The ideal candidate will also assist in the greenhouse on Tuesdays for about 4 hours (8 a.m-noon) May-September, and will help in the washroom before the shareroom opens at 2pm on Monday and Wednesday, from June-October.
The share room attendant is the face of the farm and must show up to work in presentable clothing.
This job is meant for a people person that is an efficient, independenty driven, observant multi-tasker. Prior market experience, food service, customer relations are not necessary, but are encouraged.
Interest and experience with vegetables helpful so that you can assist members with making the best use of their share (how it is grown, why it might be different then what they are used to, what is happening in the field, recipes or resources for recipes and putting food up.)
This position requires lifting 50lbs throughout each work day. Person must be comfortable maneuvering a pallet jack.
Pay starts at $12/hr.
On farm housing is not available but there are ample rental possibilities and housing shares in the surrounding area. Situated in the Connecticut River Valley, the farm is 10 minutes from Amherst, MA and 20 minutes from Northampton, MA. Nature and nightlife are close by. We are lucky enough to be growing on some of the best vegetable soil in the country. Come farm with us.
Applicants should send resume, cover letter, and references to Ray Young.