Dairy Month: Chocolate Mousse
Looking for something simple but decadent? This silky chocolate mousse is a perfect treat.
June is dairy month, so we’re highlighting dairy recipes all month! Visit massdairy.com for more information on Massachusetts dairy farms.
● 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
● 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
● In a microwave safe bowl, heat 1/2 cup of heavy cream for one minute. Add chocolate chips and let sit for 5 minutes to melt. Stir to combine thoroughly
● In a separate bowl, add the remaining cup of heavy cream a whisk by hand or with an electric mixer until cream creates firm peaks.
● Divide whipped cream into thirds and gently blend each portion into the chocolate mixture one at a time, being careful not to over-mix.
● Once all of the cream is mixed into the chocolate, scoop the mousse into your preferred serving dish and refrigerate one hour before serving, garnish with more whipped cream and chocolate chips.