Dairy Month: Raspberry Panna Cotta
Panna cotta is a silky smooth and elegant treat. Easy to make but very impressive!
June is dairy month, so we’re highlighting dairy recipes all month! Visit massdairy.com for more information on Massachusetts dairy farms.
- 1 packet unflavored gelatin
- 4 tbsp cool water
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup half & half
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Raspberry jam
- Fresh raspberries
- Combine gelatin and water in a small saucepan and heat over low heat until gelatin is dissolved. Set aside.
- In a large pot, combine heavy cream, half & half, and sugar, and heat over medium heat, stirring frequently until it just begins to boil. Remove from heat.
- Stir gelatin and vanilla into cream mixture. Divide into 6-8 ramekins and let cool before placing in the freezer.
- After about an hour, the panna cotta should be beginning to set. Spread a thin layer of raspberry jam on top of each one and return to the freezer.
- When ready to serve, dip the bottom of each ramekin into warm water to loosen the panna cotta, then run a knife around the inside of ramekins. Turn over onto a plate and the panna cotta should fall out with the raspberry jam now on the bottom. Garnish with fresh raspberries and serve.