Hiring: Eastern/Central Massachusetts Outreach Representative – NOFA/Mass
NOFA/Mass is looking for an intern to represent them at public events located in Eastern Massachusetts. They would work with and under the supervision of the Outreach Coordinator. The hours would vary with some time spent on the computer or telephone creating an events list and database, and other time attending events. Much of the job is flexible and suitable for a self-motivated individual.
The duties include:
- Work with Outreach Coordinator to identify public occasions appropriate for spreading the NOFA/Mass message and promoting the organization
- Represent NOFA/Mass, or find other member volunteers willing to represent us at such venues
- Maintain a supply of literature and display materials for distribution at such event
- Maintain sale items and be responsible for any related income from sales
- Identify private businesses and public institutions suitable to distribute NOFA/Mass literature and coordinate delivery to these locations
- Develop a database compatible with main outreach database and maintain it.
- Provide regular reports on this work to the Outreach Coordinator
Qualifications, skills and competencies for this position:
- Outgoing, friendly personality
- Enjoy public speaking
- Knowledgeable about NOFA/Mass and its programs
- Able to work on weekends and evenings when required
- Personally Organized
- Computer skills (MS Word, Excel)
- Social Networking skills (great!)
- Maintains current NOFA/Mass membership
- Ability to work independently
Benefits: Outreach coordinator will help intern secure course credit if applicable; free attendance at certain NOFA/Mass events; resume enhancer; furthering the local organic movement.
Please send a letter of interest, a resume and two references to Sharon Gensler at firstname.lastname@example.org or 87 Bullard Pasture Wendell, MA 01379. Questions? Call (978) 544-6347 before 9 p.m.