GTC expects to take possession of its new site at 200 and 206 Walnut St. (between Atwood and James Streets) on July 10th. Both lots are currently in very bad shape, and will require a lot of hard work, resources and care to become the vibrant center for growing and learning that we envision.
We will not be able to do this without you. How can you help?
1. Come out to the GTC clean up day on Saturday August 2nd from
10am – 2pm. Please mark your calendars and join us. Better yet, organize a group of your friends to come!
2. Help find resources for the August 2nd work day and beyond:
• tools (especially large pruners, spades, rakes, pick axes, etc)
• large mower
• wood chipper
• gloves and garbage bags
• water and snacks
• food for grilling up lunch
3. Do you know a business or individual who would be able to donate any of the following goods or services?
• Tree trimming and stump removal
• Wood chips
• Chain link fence deconstruction – including hauling it away to be recycled
• Fence materials (stockade and wood, wire and other materials needed to build our perimeter fence)
• Sign materials (temporary and permanent)
• Shipping container in good shape (to use as a shed)
• Paint for shipping container and signs
• Fence building help
• Contractor services
• Project Management Services
• Trees, shrubs and perennials for borders (we will plant next spring)
• Compost and clean top soil
• Hoop house materials
4. Donate and join the GTC fall event committee