Learn about preparing & cooking grass-fed meat direct from the dedicated farmers at Ashfield Meat CSA.
Then join Bug Hill Farm for a flavor-filled delicious luncheon of lamb, beef, pork with all the trimmings!
12 PM: Introductions + talk by Ashfield’s grass-fed meat CSA owners, Janet Clark (Steady Lane Farm) & Ipek Kursat (Dew Green Farm)
1 PM: Lunch on Bug Hill Farm’s front porch
2PM – 3PM on: Visit the farm’s store to sample an array of products, purchase grass-fed meat (frozen) and take home recipes from the day’s menu, including techniques on preparing grass-fed meat.
Stay on to share conversation, pick berries (priced separately) and walk the fields and woods trails at the farm.
Menu… All meat from Ashfield: Steady Lane grass fed beef and Dew Green’s grass lamb & pork. Organic Vegetables from local sources including Bug Hill Farm
- Pork Loin, marinated in Bug Hill Farm’s Spiced Pear Shrub with the farm’s Heirloom Apple Chutney glaze
- Flank Steak, with Chimichurri and White Miso Glaze
- Moroccan Lamb Patties, with Tzatziki and Bug Hill Farm’s Zaatar (Side Hill Farm yogurt)
- Roasted Barley Salad, with red peppers, cilantro & sesame oil vinaigrette
- Heirloom Tomato & fresh Mozzarella platter, with the farm’s basil & balsamic vinegar reduction
- BBQ Roasted Corn Salad
- Anna Bread baguettes, with fresh rosemary butter & cracked pepper
- Bug Hill Farm’s berrie, drizzled with our Strawberry Shrub and topped with whipped coconut cream
- The farm’s Black Currant Cordial spritzers or Organic Chocolate-Mint Lemonade
Price per guest all inclusive: $65; vegetarians $55, Children under twelve $10.