Hiring: Administrative Assistant – Atlas Farm
Atlas Farm is a certified organic vegetable farm located in Deerfield, MA. We market our crops to wholesale customers, farmers’ markets, and at our own retail farm store located in South Deerfield. The farm was started in 2004 and has grown significantly since that time. We currently employ approximately 15 full-time year round staff plus an additional 30-35 full-time seasonal workers. Our main office, half of our acreage, and home base of farm operations is located at 635 River Rd. in Deerfield. Our farm store and remaining land and greenhouses are located at 218 Greenfield Rd. in South Deerfield. We are a highly diversified business producing crops year round with 85 acres in field production plus 30,000 sq. ft. of heated greenhouse space. Our packing house remains active year round with field grown crops from April through November and storage and greenhouse crops from December through March.
The Administrative Assistant is an important position in the overall function of the farm. Principal duties include assisting the Office Manager with tasks that support the daily management of the farm’s main office, which include tasks related to general accounts payable, accounts receivable, customer service, and administrative support of the farm’s management staff. This is a full-time, year-round position and requires prior experience all of the duties listed above.
- Assists with securing revenue by verifying and posting receipts; resolving discrepancies.
- Assist entering customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
- Assists in resolving account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales.
- Assists in resolving collections issues by examining customer payment plans, payment history.
- Assists with serving customers by providing information; responding to requests; resolving problems; collecting revenue.
- Provides information to customers by verifying understanding of request; answering questions; offering assistance.
- Assists with completing payments and controlling expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Assists with accurately entering invoices into accounting software program
- Assists in maintaining vendor records by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; entering invoices and credit memos; resolving invoice or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains historical records by electronically scanning and filing documents.
- Assists with office operations by receiving and distributing communications; maintaining supplies and equipment; serving customers.
- Receives and distributes communications; collecting and mailing correspondence; copying information.
- Maintains general office and miscellaneous supplies by checking stock to determine inventory levels; anticipating requirements; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; stocking items; delivering supplies to work stations.
- Serves customers by answering phone and answering questions; forwarding messages.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Performs miscellaneous office tasks and special projects as needed.
- 40 hours per week on average with extended hours during the busy season from April – November
- Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily schedule
- competitive hourly wage based on experience
- 40 hours paid vacation time to accrue per calendar year
- free farm produce and 25% discount on all purchased products at the farm store
- health benefits to be determined
Skills and Qualifications:
- Administrative Writing Skills
- Attention to Detail
- General Bookkeeping
- Customer Service
- Data Entry Skills
- Financial Software
- General administrative office experience
- General Math Skills
- Inventory Control
- Microsoft Office Skills
- PC Proficiency
- Problem Solving
- Reporting Skills
- Resolving Conflict
- Telephone Skills
- Vendor Relationships
- Verbal Communication
Interested applicants should email email@example.com