Hiring: Administrative Assistant/Bookkeeper
Administrative Assistant / Bookkeeper
Founded in 2015, Grazier LLC created the Big Picture Beef brand to market 100% grass-fed beef. Big Picture Beef’s mission is to establish an environmentally sustainable and economically viable model of producing beef through managed grazing—no feedlots and no grain, ever. We envision a system that produces healthy animals, healthy food, healthy soils, and fair wages for farmers. They work with numerous farms in the region that produce young stock according to our standards. Then they aggregate these cattle for fattening on several large finishing farms, also in the region, that are staffed by skilled graziers. A variety of regenerative farming techniques, notably rotational grazing to foster soil health and fertility, are key to our success. They harvest the finished cattle and sell 100% grass-fed and grass-finished beef and beef products to wholesale customers.
The Administrative Assistant / Bookkeeper is a full time position. He or she will report to the CEO and COO and will support management and staff to ensure that the business is running efficiently by supporting management and staff in a variety of ways to ensure smooth business operations.
The Administrative Assistant / Bookkeeper will perform a variety of duties, including, but not limited to the following:
· Answer phone and email inquiries in a professional manner.
· Direct inquiries to the appropriate staff as needed.
· Utilize accounting software to maintain the business’s accounts and prepare invoices and financial statements.
· Track accounts receivable and contact customers as needed.
· Keep management informed of invoices payment status.
· File financial materials according to established procedures.
· Sort / send mail, faxes, and parcels as needed.
· Make travel and meeting arrangements for management and staff.
· Track certification requirements and inform management of approaching deadlines.
· Prepare meeting agendas and material for Board of Directors.
· Support Board meetings: write meeting minutes and record action items.
· Use MS Office to prepare and edit documents, presentations, and reports.
· Enter information into databases, such as Contact Management software.
· Assist management in writing operating procedures.
· Maintain confidentiality pertaining to customers, personnel, payroll, etc.
· Assist management or staff in generating and distributing promotional material.
· Assist management in completing grant reporting requirements.
· Perform other office tasks as needed.
· May occasionally perform duties outside the office, such as representing Big Picture Beef at a tabling event.
The ideal candidate has experience in a fast paced office environment. The following qualifications are desirable:
· Proficiency with accounting software, such as QuickBooks or willingness to learn.
· MS Office: especially Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and pleasant manner on the phone.
· Detail oriented and well organized.
· Successful work experience as a team member.
· Willingness and ability to handle last-minute or time-sensitive tasks.
· A strong interest in the organization’s mission and goals.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Grazier is an Equal Opportunity employer.
The CEO office is located in Hardwick, MA. THe work location for the Administrative Assistant / Bookkeeper is up for discussion: may do some work from home but must also be available for meetings in central Massachusetts.
BPF looks forward to hearing how they could need and your experiences align. Send them your cover letter and resume.
email@example.com, 413-657-7709 (cell), or
firstname.lastname@example.org, 860-772-9536 (cell)
Visit www.ridgeshinn.com for background on grass-fed beef.