Hiring: Administrative Data Clerk – Oke USA Fruit Company / Equal Exchange
Oke USA Fruit Company / Equal Exchange — Administrative Data Clerk
- Employment Status: Full time position
- Hours: 40 hours/week
- Compensation: Available upon offer
- Benefits: Health and dental insurance coverage, vacations, holidays, sick days; simple IRA plan with employer contribution of 2% of salary
- Location: Hybrid Office Environment: Remote & Equal Exchange Headquarters, West Bridgewater, MA
In 2006, three entrepreneurial organizations came together to create Oke USA. Their goal was to introduce small farmer, fair trade bananas to the US market. Today, Oke USA now operates as the produce importing arm of Equal Exchange, importing fresh bananas, avocados, and banana puree directly from small farmer cooperatives in Latin America. We invite you to join our small and dynamic team to grow Oke’s impact and mission.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administrative Supply Chain Support (70%):
- Enter Accounts Payable Invoices in operational software
- Send Accounts Receivable Invoices to customers
- Interface with Accounting team
- Complete data entry into spreadsheet organization across product categories, sales and marketing
- Follow weekly customer and supplier projections, procurement, and inventory management
- Communicate with multiple internal teams
- Sales and Education (20%): Support grassroots efforts to build store and consumer awareness of brand mission.
- Team (10%): Participate in staff, team, and educational meetings and activities. Understand producer partners, trading policies, and the Fair Trade movement. Work with the Oke team to engage in team level sales, supply chain and creative thinking around building alternative fair trade supply chains.
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Ability to identify data problems or discrepancies
- Team player
- Cultural competency
- Ability to work independently
- Time management skills
- Attention to detail alongside the ability to think big picture
- Commitment to making a difference and passion for issues related to sustainable agriculture and alternative food systems!
- Flexibility and willingness to continuously learn by experience. This job may evolve as Oke grows and evolves
- Experience working in social justice, food systems and/or other mission based work
- Spanish language fluency or high proficiency
Email a cover letter, resume and brief answers to the three application questions below to: email@example.com.
Please add this email to your known senders list to be sure you receive return communication from us.
1. If you were a small scale banana or avocado farmer, what would you want out of a relationship with Oke USA?
2. In what ways do you think this position would support the mission of Oke USA?
3. Oke USA must compete with other produce companies on the most conventional terms while also carrying out our fair trade mission. What do you bring to a company with this challenge?
Oke USA / Equal Exchange supports equal employment opportunity for all classes of individuals, regardless of age, race, color, national origin, citizenship status, disability, religious creed, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, economic status, veteran status. Additionally, people who are oppressed or are denied power and privilege in society are strongly encouraged to apply.