Hiring: Administrative Director – NOFA/Mass
The Northeast Organic Farming Association / Massachusetts Chapter, Inc. (NOFA/Mass) is seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented person with significant experience in managing the myriad details of organizational administration, as well as demonstrable expertise in fiscal management, to fill the position of Administrative Director. NOFA/Mass is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit with an annual operating budget of $750,000, and a mostly part-time, home-based staff of 15 people.
The Administrative Director works in the Barre, MA office 2-3 days per week (about half of the time, with the other half being done from home), and works closely with the Executive Director, in whose farm residence the Barre office is located. This is a managerial position rated at 32 hours per week, and this individual serves as the second most responsible staff member in the organization. The starting pay rate is $18.00 per hour, dependent on experience.
- Work with Executive Director, Treasurer, and Finance Committee to create, implement, and monitor the organizational budget and all of its components
- Manage all inflow and outgo of the organization’s financial transactions
- Manage with an outside auditor the annual audit process and preparation of tax returns
- Manage grant billing and reporting in collaboration with program coordinators
- Create and maintain employee documents and systems, including the Employee Manual, pay schedules, payroll, and timesheets
- Collaborate with and support the Executive Director and Personnel Committee in HR management issues, including personnel reviews, personnel policy updates, and employee relations
Office Management Duties:
- Maintain basic office systems and relationships with vendors
- Serve as Executive Secretary to the Executive Director
- Serve as Secretary pro tem for board meetings
- Oversee and support the work of the Membership Coordinator, who works in Barre once per week
- Oversee and support the work of the Registration Coordinator, including providing constant support preceding and during the NOFA/Mass Winter Conference and the NOFA Summer Conference
- Proficiency in QuickBooks, Microsoft Office products, Google Drive, and Dropbox is necessary.
- Attendance is required at the NOFA/Mass Winter Conference (held in January of each year) and the NOFA Summer Conference (August 9-12, 2018).
- Reliable internet, phone, and transportation is required to perform this position.
- Conference calls are a regular part of working for NOFA/Mass.
- The Administrative Director is required to attend all meetings of the Board of Directors, the Finance Committee, and the Personnel Committee, most of which are conducted on the phone, as well as the annual in-person staff meeting and the in-person board and staff retreats.
- NOFA/Mass membership is required of all employees.
- Employee will provide basic office equipment.
How to apply:
- Deadline for application is January 31, or earlier if appropriate candidate is identified. Please send resume, letter and three references to Julie Rawson, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send any questions about these positions to email@example.com, or call (978) 355-2853.
NOFA/Mass encourages candidates from diverse cultural and economic backgrounds to apply.
NOFA/Mass is an equal opportunity employer who does not discriminate in employment and contracting practices based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age or disability.