Hiring: Assistant Manager – Brookfield Farm
Brookfield Farm Assistant Manager:
The Assistant Manager is a year-round position that supports the daily operations and mission of The Biodynamic Farmland Conservation Trust, which operates a 30 acre, 500-share CSA (Brookfield Farm) and Apprentice Program.
The Assistant Manager will take on full or partial responsibility for selected management areas at Brookfield Farm: vegetable harvest, CSA distribution, on-farm community events, field planting, greenhouse seedling production, irrigation, marketing CSA shares, plant care, soil fertility, tillage and bed prep, apprentice training, weeder crew supervision, livestock management, accessible garden design and care; based on overall farm needs and individual skills
- 2+ years working on commercial organic vegetable farm
● Relevant experience working with people and machinery
● Excellent communication skills
● Professionalism, maturity, and a positive attitude
● Resourcefulness, creativity, and strong problem-solving skills
● Ability to work a physically demanding job over the course of an entire year
● Interest in making a long-term commitment is a plus
● Strong career interest in farming
To apply, please send letter of intent, resume, and provide 2 references to email@example.com
Brookfield Farm is an equal opportunity employer.