Hiring: Bare Roots Farm
Seeking 1- 2 individuals who can commit to working 20-35 hours/ week.
Position available from late March through late June.
Possibility of opportunity for more hours in April and May.
Flexibility in days of the week available.
Pay: $15- $18/ hour depending on experience.
In general applicants should have:
- Familiarity and general understanding of plants.
- Good work ethic
- The ability to work alone or in conjunction with others
- Be able to lift 50 lbs
- Be detail oriented
- Able to work on your feet all day doing repetitive tasks such as transplanting and carrying trays.
Two areas of help needed; depending on who applies for the job your duties could entail a mix of one or both jobs:
- Includes building and filling trays with potting soil
- Transplanting plants from plug trays to sale size
- Tagging plants
- Record keeping of location of plants
- Pulling wholesale orders together
- Loading box truck for delivery
- Record Keeping
- Possibly making Deliveries (dependent on applicant) to the Valley for wholesale deliveries
Bare Roots Farm is an Organic Greenhouse business that is in their 10th year of operation. We grow plant starts with a focus on garden edibles including herbs, veggies, flowers and medicinals. We are currently growing 160 varieties of plants.
Our business model has evolved into primarily growing wholesale for local garden centers and distributors. We also have a farm stand in West Chesterfield where we do direct sales.
We are hoping to find enthusiastic people who enjoy growing plants and distributing them to the people! We are located at: 329 Ireland Street, West Chesterfield, MA
If Interested please Contact: Chris Reid & Anna Maunz at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be ready and willing to share with us how you heard about us, your level of interest, past experience, and availability!
Please pass along to anyone you think may be interested! Thanks so much! 🙂