Hiring: Bookkeeper & Administrative Coordinator – All Farmers
Bookkeeper & Administrative Coordinator
Job Type & Schedule:
Hourly 20 hrs/wk. Flexible scheduling M-F. Wednesday afternoons required.
Remote work (primary); in-person responsibilities in Springfield/West Springfield/Westfield as-needed.
All Farmers is seeking an experienced (3+ years) nonprofit Bookkeeper and Administrative Coordinator. The Bookkeeper & Administrative Coordinator will keep All Farmers’ books to GAAP standards including accounts payable, work with the Executive Director to prepare financial reports, provide financial information for grant reports and tracking, and provide administrative support and tracking. The position is half-time (20 hours). Additional hours possible for the right candidate and skill set. A commitment to social and racial justice is integral to this work and required of all staff.
All Farmers supports autonomous groups of refugee and immigrant farmers in western Massachusetts. We understand the barriers immigrant and refugee farmers face from a social justice perspective, and work with the farmers to support their success in spite of the systemic barriers they face. Our strategic priorities are directed by the farmers collectively and through farmer representation on the Board of Directors. All Farmers works with over 60 farming families, who share four farm sites. Current farmers come from 10 countries, and predominantly speak Maai Maai, Nepali, and Kiswahili, as well as Kirundi and Congolese.
● Keep all financial records to GAAP standards using QuickBooks Online
● Prepare invoices and manage accounts payable
● Prepare financial statements
● Coordinate with the Executive Director and accountant to complete our annual audit
● Provide financial information to accountant for annual tax filing
o Track grant reporting deadlines and requirements
o Provide draft financial reports
o Provide monthly financial statement of open grants
● Provide administrative support, including pre-filling forms, updating information, etc.
● Self-motivated; self-organized; excellent follow-through (required)
● Flexibility and creative problem-solving (required)
● Experience bookkeeping in the nonprofit sector (3+ years required, 5+ years preferred)
● Administrative support experience preferred
● Fluent in use of QuickBooks Online (required)
● Proficient use of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Google Docs (required); advanced Word/Excel abilities preferred
• CB or CPB certification strongly preferred
How to Apply
Position open until filled. Qualified candidates should complete the online application available at
www.allfarmers.world/employment and include responses to the questions below.
Additional Application Questions:
Please describe your experiences bookkeeping in the nonprofit and other sectors.
Please describe any experiences you have with agriculture, or keeping records in the agricultural sector