Hiring: Business Analyst – DAISA Enterprises, LLC
About DAISA Enterprises, LLC
DAISA Enterprises is a growing consulting firm bringing entrepreneurial passion and agility to a diverse range of clients to support the realization of equitable food systems and vibrant communities. Projects are at the nexus of food, culture, community, and economic development. DAISA specializes in innovative and community-based approaches to strategy consulting, program design and management, and impact evaluation. DAISA is addressing an exciting niche, and works closely with philanthropic foundations and mission-driven investors, as well as directly with leading social enterprises (both for-profit and nonprofit) on sustainability and growth planning.
The Business Analyst Position
This full-time position provides a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and impactful firm working with regional and national foundations, social enterprises, government agencies, and community-based non-profits and promising new Good Food businesses to improve community food systems and social justice, and innovate new programs and technologies. This role requires a high-level of data/financial analysis, strong math skills, organization and presentation skills, and a passion for the power of clear financial documentation and modeling for critical business decisions and impact.
The successful candidate must have a commitment to the DAISA values and larger vision of the work and be able to remotely manage and competently execute tasks on time, as well as to take a proactive and creative approach. DAISA is innovating new approaches and initiatives in a challenging space – the Analyst must be excited and comfortable being in an entrepreneurial environment and team.
Skills & Required Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration or other relevant area
- Strong analytical skills of business processes and systems, interest in/ experience with finance and business modeling
- Passionate about contributing to building a more equitable food system, experience with food systems projects and/or social impact businesses a plus, demonstrated commitment to social justice
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, can present effectively and structure key arguments convincingly
- Self-motivated with proven ability to work effectively within a telecommuting environment/ remote team
- A willing team player, problem solver, proactive and keen to contribute ideas, while also listening and responding to different stakeholders and feedback.
- Fluency with workplace technology – Office suite (especially Excel), Google suite, social media
- Some regional and national travel may be required; independent transportation important
- Resides in Massachusetts or No. Connecticut, or willingness to relocate to the region (regular in-person meetings with DAISA team members anticipated)
- Salary commensurate with experience
- High quality benefits package including health insurance, 401k savings plan, generous paid vacation, opportunity to participate in a profit sharing plan
Resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline: May 30, 2019