Hiring: Business Manager- Scott Farm
The Scott Farm, a certified “B” corporation located in Dummerston, Vermont, seeks a full-time business manager. The farm includes 571 acres, many historic buildings, a 40-acre heirloom apple orchard, a thriving on-farm market, indoor and outdoor event spaces, hiking trails, and variety of natural resources. Our team seeks someone with the skills to manage agritourism events, human resources, budgets, and regulatory compliance. This person will also work with us on strategic planning, marketing, and opportunities to engage and serve the local community.
We are a small, cohesive organization with a passion for sustainable agriculture, public service and stewardship of the cultural, ecological and economic facets of the farm. We are looking for a highly motivated professional who is organized, insightful, works well with people, and possesses a DIY attitude. This position has responsibility for management of all business operations, and reports to the Executive Director. Core competencies for the position include:
- Leadership – ability to communicate clearly, motivate people, create systems of support and accountability, and inspire our staff, customers and the public to support the farm’s success.
- Teamwork – desire to work collaboratively with staff and external partners to achieve goals.
- Communications – knowledge of the production and dissemination of information and ideas via written, oral, and visual means as well as social media platforms.
- Business Development – understanding of commercial agriculture, ability to maintain and expand markets for our products, ability to identify and act on new farm business opportunities.
- Strategic Thinking – ability to analyze economic data, identify business needs and trends, develop and compare management options, articulate realistic goals, then develop and execute plans to achieve them.
Download the job description here.
To apply please send your resume and cover letter describing your interest and your approach to the position via e-mail to the Executive Director Susan McMahon.