Hiring: Camp Counselor/Instructor – Farm and Garden Camp
Farm and Garden Camp seeks to inspire and equip youth and young adults to enjoy growing, harvesting and working with food and fiber , as well as to contribute to robust, regenerative, and just food systems.
We seek teammates who share our belief that camp is an opportunity to develop as people and practice the skills needed to build the communities and world we envision.
Farm and Garden Camp is a program of The Farm Education Collaborative (TFEC) and is located at the Hampshire College Farm Center. Learn more at http://farmandgardencamp.org/.
Roles & Responsibilities:
● Supervise and lead a group of 8-12 campers
● Guide and serve as a role model for Jr. CIT helpers and CIT staff
● Teach lessons on gardening, agricultural crafts, cooking, and animal care
● Supervise campers during arrival, meal times and leading choice activities
● Actively engage in all camp activities
● Assist with other camp activities as needed, including daily set-up and clean-up
● Attend daily staff meetings
● Work full-time for the duration of the program
● Experience working with children, preferably in a day camp setting
● Desire and/or experience working with children in farm and garden settings
● Ability to plan and implement children’s activities
● Ability to work both as a team player and independently
● Creativity, flexibility and patience
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
● Experience with crafts, cooking, farm animals, and/or gardening
● Current certification in standard First Aid and CPR (required)
Dates & Compensation:
● Staff Training: June 29 – July 2 plus July 5, 2020
● Camp Sessions: July 6 – August 28, 2020
● $14 per hour or depending on experience
To apply: Send a cover letter describing your interest in our program, your resume, and contact
information (name, email, phone number) for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
References should be employers or supervisors who have seen you working with children and/or worked with you in agricultural capacities. We begin reviewing applications in January and conduct interviews until all positions are filled.
The Farm Education Collaborative is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating a
multicultural organization. We believe diversity across race, religion, ethnicity, nation of origin, gender,
sexual orientation, and numerous other visible and invisible aspects of identity makes our camp