Hiring: Carrot Project – Client Services Specialist
The Carrot Project’s vision is to significantly increase the number of successful small farm and agriculture businesses resulting in a meaningful increase in the local production of food in the New England and the Hudson Valley. The Carrot Project helps to launch small farm and agriculture businesses and support their growth towards long-term viability. The Carrot Project wants the farms and businesses that they work with today to be here in 5, 10, and 50 years from now. Their success is the foundation of a strong local food economy.
The Client Services Specialist (CSS) is the hub to coordinate and lead services and ensure effective communication between clients, staff, consultants, and peer organizations and reports to the Executive Director. The CSS is the first contact for prospective clients, an on-going resource, and the consistent thread managing their work. The CSS manages all aspects of client services including: business assistance, financing, and trainings, marketing and outreach, client communications, supporting the loan review committee, tracking, evaluation, and planning. The CSS works closely with the Sr. Business Trainer and business advisors to complete this work and develop new programs; coordinates on-line and print communications with the Development and Communications Coordinator. The CSS supervises business consultants and the two outreach fellows. Additional tasks include administering the CRM, Salsa, and assisting with grant reporting and preparation of grants with client information.
Hours/Benefits: Position is salaried part-time (24 hours/week) for $28,000 to $32,000 and includes full benefit package including health and dental insurance, retirement, life insurance and more.
- Efficiently coordinate training logistics, webinars, and assist with content development, delivery, and performance based evaluations;
- Ensure clear and timely client communication and processes with staff, business advisors, loan review committee, and partnering organizations;
- Coordinate communication and work flow of business advisors and outreach fellows;
- Collect and track client data accurately and on a timely basis.
Marketing & Outreach
- Develop and implement outreach plan to attract clients and build referral networks;
- As a client resource: draft content for outreach materials, update and maintain web resources, prepare client e-newsletter, and coordinate social media;
- Coordinate tradeshow logistics and workshop presentations, event evaluation, and coverage with staff and volunteers;
- Effectively represent The Carrot Project to clients, partners, and referral organizations.
Program Planning & Evaluation
- Set annual client goals, develop outreach plan, and develop new or modifications to existing programs with executive director and senior business advisor;
- Prepare grant reports, letters of intent, conduct prospect research, and provide documentation for and review and edit proposals;
- Manage evaluation of all client services;
- Manage and administer CRM for client services and act as overall CRM administrator and resource.
- Supervise consultants and fellows;
- Additional duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Ability to work remotely, using personal office equipment (phone, computer, etc.);
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends;
- Ability to travel within New England and the Hudson Valley.
- At least three to five years of relevant work experience including program management and CRM management, experience with Salsa is a plus;
- Significant experience conducting marketing or outreach activities within the agricultural sector;
- Some experience with grant reporting and preparation, preferred;
- Demonstrated commitment to excellent customer service;
- Knowledge of agriculture and working landscapes sectors;
- Effective oral and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to develop cohesive and concise narratives;
- Self-motivated and directed;
- Ability to influence others, moving them to action;
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and program targets, and to manage non-linear workload;
- Demonstrated interest in and commitment to the local food and agriculture community;
- Skilled with MS Office applications; Advanced knowledge of Excel.
TSNE MissionWorks/The Carrot Project envisions a society grounded in the principles of social and economic justice. As such, we strive to achieve excellence through a diverse and inclusive workplace that honors the unique talents and lived experiences of each person. Our vision and values are reflected in all our employment-related decisions, including hiring practices. Accordingly, TSNE MissionWorks actively seeks people who bring diverse backgrounds and perspectives to join us in our work.