Hiring: Communications Coordinator – Springfield Partners for Community Action
Springfield Partners for Community Action, Inc. seeks a Communications Coordinator to support a variety of planning, marketing & fundraising activities. The Communications Coordinator will be responsible to grow, track, and evaluate our reach, engagement, and overall effectiveness through-out all forms of marketing, including fundraising and PR. This role will focus on improving internal systems and administration, leveraging our work for greater impact, and integrating all communications vehicles.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Maintain current data on needs of low-income people of service area based on staff input, client questionnaires, census data, agency reports, newspaper and magazine stories, citizen requests, etc. for use in the agency; Develop the annual CSBG work plan and various program reports;
• Manage and execute agency, corporate, and government fundraising;
• Work with senior management to understand funding priorities and learn about the various agency initiatives;
• Research, identify, and prioritize funding prospects;
• Write grant materials, coordinating ancillary materials to accompany grants, including budgets, bios, and profiles;
• Manage relationships with potential and current funders, communicating by phone, e-mail, letter, and in person, as relevant;
• Track all grant submissions and report project progress to funders;
• Steward past and current funders;
• Develop online messaging for general consumption and for a variety of specific audiences;
• Track all media hits and impressions via traditional and social media;
• Coordinate and collaborate with other departments on the creation of marketing materials to be used by external audiences;
• Support special event activities;
• Other responsibilities may develop as the organization evolves.
Must be highly organized, energetic, and possess strong written and verbal communication skills that compliment a confident personality. Candidates must have excellent computer skills and reliable transportation with a valid driver’s license. Individual must also possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, have experience in fundraising and grant-writing, or a combination of both education and experience.
Send resume and cover letter to Springfield Partners for Community Action, 721 State St. Springfield, MA 01109, Attn: Human Resources, E-mail email@example.com, or fax: 413-263-6511. EEO/AA
As the Community Action Agency (CAA) for the greater Springfield area, our mission is to partner with people and the community as a whole, in a way that leads to economic stability, so that we all enjoy a better quality of life.
Visit us at: www.springfieldpartnersinc.com