Hiring: Community Care Coordinator – Just Roots
Just Roots is growing! Will you be the newest member of our small, bright, skilled, passionate, exuberant, equity-driven team? Join Just Roots to build vibrant community, equity and health through food, farming and connection. Working at Just Roots comes with an abundance of fresh produce straight from our fields during the harvest season and the opportunity to put your skills to build a more equitable world! We love our work and are proud of the power and impact of our small yet mighty team. Looking forward to reeling in more rockstars.
WHO IS JUST ROOTS:
Just Roots is a social justice organization that builds equity, connection, health, pride and empowerment in our community and beyond through food-based programs and systems change. Our farm, programming and advocacy efforts connect people to food and one another. We do our work by growing food; connecting people of all ages and life experiences with the land; running an all-income CSA (we’ve got the biggest SNAP-enrolled low-income CSA in the state!); cooking community meals; developing partnerships with schools, health insurance companies, legislators, health clinics and other resource agencies; researching the health outcomes of CSA participation and more. We build direct access, models, momentum and evidence for change in agricultural policy, food policy and social justice. We are a small, efficient, farm-based organization with a goal to change the food system and bring more equity to the world.
Community Care Coordinator: Address food insecurity for individuals and families through the direct support of Just Roots community members and the coordination of programming and resources to meet their needs.
APPLY BY: February 20th 8AM
- $50,000 salaried position
- Just Roots farm produce
- Retirement that includes 3% guaranteed contribution by Just Roots
- Paid time off
- Competitive health insurance plan
SCHEDULE: Full-time, 40 hours/week, salaried position
Monday through Friday (some evenings and weekends as needed to meet member needs)
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Community member support, in English (Spanish strongly preferred)
- Case management:
- Work one-on-one by phone, email, text and sometimes in-person, with families to best support their access to Just Roots programming (e.g.: program enrollment, program changes, addressing immediate needs, completing surveys)
- Identify community member needs that Just Roots can address, and direct other needs to appropriate community resources
- Track notes on cases and programs, and communicate with Just Roots staff and other agency and health care partners to address community members’ needs and program feedback
- Actively participate in meetings with healthcare partners, providing patient and enrollment updates
- Outreach and Communication:
- Connect with community members individually and in groups to discover and consider what unmet food and wellness-related needs Just Roots can be a part of resolving
- Strong preference for candidates who can translate Just Roots written materials into Spanish and provide Spanish language interpretation for online and in-person Just Roots community meetings, workshops, outreach and events.
- Case management:
- Coordinate the delivery of food and programming materials including routing deliveries and providing support to both drivers and program recipients
- Actively participate in team meetings and trainings to build a culture of trust and inclusivity within the Just Roots team and community
- Support the administrative needs of your colleagues, and they will support you. It takes a team to make our programs thrive!
- Outstanding communicator — Spanish fluency (spoken and written) very strongly preferred. Will consistently communicate through text, email, phone, in-person and in virtual gathering spaces with community, team members and partners. Portuguese and Romanian fluency is also not required, but useful in our community!
- Compassionate, culturally aware, and resilient listener — ability to listen to and compassionately support community members without judgment, while also holding boundaries and displaying resilience amidst supporting families in challenging life situations
- Relationship builder — ability to initiate and sustain relationships with individuals, families and collaborators, excellent conversationalist — this includes everything from knocking on doors and leaving voicemails to cooking with community members via zoom.
- Confident working both independently and as a member of a collaborative team both in-person and remotely
- Ease in both navigating basic computer software programs.
- Exceptionally organized, detail-oriented, and skilled at synthesizing information and documenting cases
- Experience in and commitment to working with, following the lead of, and elevating the voices of oppressed people
- Flexible and responsive to community needs
- Competency in making swift and sound independent judgment calls, and commitment to collaborative, mindful and thorough decision-making processes
- Driven to be a part of change in this world, with an abundance of positivity and hope (no expectation to check the rest of your emotions at the door — we’re also angry and heartbroken about the inequities plaguing our world — but we need your hope and positivity too!)
PREFERRED SKILLS (not required):
- Identifies strength in many of Massachusetts’ core competencies of Community Health Workers
- Experience with the Google suite of applications and Salesforce or similar database software strongly preferred
- Knowledgeable about seasonal cooking
LOCATION + EQUIPMENT: Most of the day-to-day responsibilities of this position may be completed remotely, and we encourage candidates from outside of Franklin County to apply, but there will be some mandatory in-person events, outreach days, member visits and meetings, primarily in Greenfield, but also in other parts of Western MA. We will typically request 1-2 on farm days per week from June through October. You will need reliable transportation. If working remotely, you will also need access to reliable phone service and wifi. Just Roots provides a computer for this role.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume.