Hiring: Crew Member – Lindentree Farm
Lindentree Farm in Lincoln, MA has been a family-run CSA for the past 28 years, with upwards of 150 member shares representing 300 people. We have been certified organic since 1993.
This year Lindentree Farm will have a different form to accommodate the farm owners who are taking a partial sabbatical. We are looking for one crew member to work full time from April through October. The crew member will report to the Farm Manager and the farm owners, doing all aspects of a full season of growing which can include the following:
- Growing healthy seedlings in the greenhouse
- Preparing planting and seed beds
- Transplanting and seeding into the field
- Maintaining and operating mowers and small tractors
- Setting up irrigation, both pipes and drip
- Identifying and managing insects and plant diseases
- Learning and practicing efficient mechanical and manual weed control techniques
- Harvesting, washing, and preparing vegetables
Crew member requirements:
- At least one year of farm experience
- We expect you to be well organized, have good hand skills and attention to detail, work efficiently, taking care of the body and health
- Be willing to work the full season, April through October commitment
- Physically strong, able to lift 40-50 pounds on a repeated basis, bending, kneeling, and repetitive motions
- Able to work with ALL kinds of people, owners, crew, members of the CSA or whomever is present
- Have a good sense of humor and flexibility in general and also in the face of frustration, adversity and mistakes
- Show up for work on time, well rested and prepared
- Be willing to ask questions, listen well and follow instructions
- Have a car if commuting to work and a good driving record
It is helpful if applicants know how to operate tractors and other machinery.
This year Lindentree Farm will be working on the following:
– A small several acre market garden to supply the local Farmers’ Market June through October
– A pick your own CSA
– An independent growing project for a local producer
An on-site interview will be required. Hourly pay based on experience.
Housing also may be available.