Hiring: CSA Coordinator – Enterprise Farm
Summary: Enterprise Farm is 100 acre organic farm that grows for grocers, our CSA, donation partners, and farmer’s markets. The CSA Coordinator is the face of our farm for CSA members. Our farm work centers around growing fresh, local and organic vegetables and working to make them accessible to everyone. The CSA Coordinator is responsible for
- Drive CSA truck/van to and from CSA pickups when needed
- Direct and assist in truck loading and CSA packing
- Manage, track, and oversee the distribution of all CSA shares
- Coordinate storage and pick up of missed shares.
- Maintain a good working relationship with volunteers, CSA members, and Enterprise Farm staff.
- Perform office tasks regarding CSA. Keep CSA paperwork in good order and up to date. Ensure that all CSA payments are made in a timely manner and send reminders for late payments. Assist in processing CSA checks.
- Answer all CSA emails.
- Communicate any member feedback to Business Manager and Dave (farm owner). Provide input in planning weekly CSA items.
- Be responsible for producing a weekly CSA newsletter on time. Write a weekly column or get other farm staff to write a column.
- Send a weekly list of what CSA will get. The list needs to be posted on Facebook, communicated to newsletter contributors, added to the CSA Blog, and updated on the website
- Communicate with Wholesale Manager to plan CSA share contents
- Work as a productive member of the farm crew when needed
- Other duties as required
The number of hours per week will fluctuate with the season; as such, the CSA Coordinator will be expected to work more hours per week in the spring, summer, and fall, and fewer hours per week in the winter. The CSA Coordinator will work alongside the Business Manager in many aspects of the operation of the CSA program. Depending on the successful candidate’s skills, there is the opportunity to be trained in all aspects of CSA management.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate for the CSA Coordinator position must love working with people and with computers, have a desire to grow within Enterprise Farm, and be enthusiastic about being mentored and trained. They must have strong professional written and verbal communication skills and a strong “customer service” ethic. They must have strong computer/internet skills and be very comfortable with web-based database software, Microsoft Excel, Word, and Publisher. They will also have a great enthusiasm for and knowledge of fresh vegetables & fruit and sustainable agriculture.
They must have a strong understanding of the CSA model. They must have the ability to work efficiently, both independently and as part of a team. As much of the work involves computers and data entry, They must be willing to do such work for the majority of the day on many days, with careful attention to detail. They must be comfortable and willing to work in a fast-paced environment. They must be able to lift at least 50 pounds unassisted.
How to Apply: Please emphasize how your background and skills are an excellent fit for the responsibilities and qualifications in this job description. Enterprise is a small operation and every person holds many responsibilities, please feel free to also highlight other skills you possess that would be valuable to a small business.
E-mail your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org (The subject line should read: CSA Coordinator Position)