Hiring: DELIVERY DRIVER AND GROUNDS MAINTENANCE – Riverland Farm
DELIVERY DRIVER AND GROUNDS MAINTENANCE
Riverland Farm is a Women-run, Certified Organic Farm in Western Massachusetts. We grow high quality, organic produce for our community. We are invested in the health and viability of organic farmland in our region and continue to work to maintain and improve the land we farm.
We grow 40 acres of certified organic vegetables on prime agricultural soil along the Connecticut River in the Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts. We take pride in the quality of our vegetables and the ongoing relationships we maintain with our customers, locally and regionally.
Our growing practices, inputs and systems reflect our high standards for healthy land, good food and worker safety. We use only sustainable practices and organic approved inputs. We are a USDA Certified Organic Farm, certified by Baystate Certifiers.
Working on a farm crew often fosters lasting connections and friendships. We have a small and tight knit crew that works very closely with one another on a daily basis. We aim to have our crew working together towards common goals and supporting one another through the wide range of ups and downs of farming. Farming is a very physically demanding job. The days are long and variable and require people with good mental and physical stamina. A person that excels in these roles is a good team player, has a positive attitude and good work ethic, is efficiency minded, has a good sense of humor, and is physically fit.This position includes benefits of a half-hour paid lunch, allotted vacation time, select paid holidays off and use of vegetables for cooking and preserving!
All applicants will be considered for these positions but preference is given to those with prior delivery experience. You must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record to apply.
Please email a resume and a cover letter detailing your interest in working for Riverland farm to firstname.lastname@example.org
Scheduling as follows:
- Monday: 5:30 am – 3:30 pm
- Tuesday: 7 am – 12 pm
- Thursday: 5:30 am – 3:30 pm
- Saturday: 7 am – 12 pm
This is a key position on the farm centered around wholesale deliveries to multiple locations in Western/Eastern Massachusetts and beyond. In addition to weekly delivery responsibilities this position will also involve some buildings and grounds maintenance and some other miscellaneous farm tasks. A person who is successful in this position is self-motivated, detail oriented, able to lift 50+ lbs, a good communicator and maintains a positive attitude with good mental and physical stamina.
Delivery Responsibilities include:
- Driving an automatic transmission 16’ Cabover Refrigerated Box Truck or other vehicle on short and long range deliveries.
- Ensuring that the truck is running smoothly and is refueled when required. Report any potential issues with the truck to Emily immediately.
- Making wholesale deliveries at different locations weekly – in Eastern Massachusetts and locally
- Operating hand and electric pallet jacks
- Hand loading and or re-stacking of pallets for delivery
- Hand or pallet jack unloading of deliveries
- Handling invoices for deliveries and making sure signed invoices from customers are accounted for and returned to farm office
- Checking inventory of packed orders against invoices to ensure all ordered items are accounted for
- Maintaining efficient and productive work in detail oriented tasks while primarily unsupervised
Buildings and Grounds Responsibilities include:
- Weekly mowing and weed whacking of farm property until mowing season ends
- Miscellaneous errands during or outside of delivery route – including pick up of packing supplies (wax boxes, pallets, etc) at different warehouse locations
- Miscellaneous farm maintenance and repair projects
Pay: starts at $15/hour for ~25 hrs/week and is commensurate with experience