Hiring: Delivery Driver and Grounds Maintenance – Riverland Farm
2021 DELIVERY DRIVER AND GROUNDS MAINTENANCE
If interested please email a resume, cover letter and 3 references to email@example.com
This position includes benefits of a half-hour paid lunch, allotted vacation time, select paid holidays off and use of vegetables for cooking and preserving!
All applicants will be considered for these positions but preference is given to those with prior delivery experience. You must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record to apply.
The Farm: Riverland Farm is a Women-run, Certified Organic Farm in Western Massachusetts. We grow high quality, organic produce for our community. We are invested in the health and viability of organic farmland in our region and continue to work to maintain and improve the land we farm.
We grow 40 acres of certified organic vegetables on prime agricultural soil along the Connecticut River in the Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts. We take pride in the quality of our vegetables and the ongoing relationships we maintain with our customers, locally and regionally.
Our growing practices, inputs and systems reflect our high standards for healthy land, good food and worker safety. We use only sustainable practices and organic approved inputs. We are a USDA Certified Organic Farm, certified by Baystate Certifiers.
The Job: This is a key position on the farm centered around wholesale deliveries to multiple locations in Western/Eastern Massachusetts and beyond. In addition to weekly delivery responsibilities this position will also involve some buildings and grounds maintenance and some other miscellaneous farm tasks. A person who is successful in this position is self-motivated, detail oriented, able to lift 50+ lbs, a good communicator and maintains a positive attitude with good mental and physical stamina.
Schedule, Pay and Benefits:
May 24th – Dec 18th
Pay starts at $14/hr for 25 hours/week
- Scheduling as follows:
- Monday: 5:30 am – 3:30 pm
- Thursday: 5:30 am – 3:30 pm
- Saturday: 7 am – 12 pm
- ½ hr paid lunch
- Three personal days to be scheduled with farm managers
- Paid select holidays off – Memorial day, 4th of July and Labor Day
- One week vacation at Thanksgiving: 11/23 – 11/29
- Vegetables for personal use, canning, and freezing
Delivery Responsibilities include:
- Driving an automatic transmission 16’ Cabover Box Truck or other vehicle on short and long range deliveries.
- Ensuring that the truck is running smoothly and is refueled when required. Report any potential issues with the truck to Emily immediately.
- Making wholesale deliveries at different locations weekly – in Eastern Massachusetts and locally
- Operating hand and electric pallet jacks
- Hand loading and or restacking of pallets for delivery
- Hand or pallet jack unloading of deliveries
- Handling invoices for deliveries and making sure signed invoices from customers are accounted for and returned to farm office
- Checking inventory of packed orders against invoices to ensure all ordered items are accounted for
- Maintaining efficient and productive work in detail oriented tasks while primarily unsupervised
Buildings and Grounds Responsibilities include:
- Weekly mowing and weed wacking of farm property until mowing season ends
- Miscellaneous errands during or outside of delivery route – including pick up of packing supplies (wax boxes, pallets, etc) at different warehouse locations
- Miscellaneous farm maintenance and repair projects