Hiring: Delivery Driver – Next Barn Over
Runs June 1st – Nov 2nd (there may be additional part time work on the farm available)
- Assisting in loading, unloading the deliveries, as well as picking up and returing to the farm any reusable containers/crates.
- Driving an automatic transmission 16’ Stepvan Box Truck to Eastern Massachusetts every Tuesday
- Making multiple delivery stops in Westfield, Cambridge, and Boston while keeping an eye on the clock to ensure all deliveries are made in full and on time.
- Ensuring that the delivery truck is running smoothly and is refueled when required. Report any potential issues with the truck to farm owners immediately.
- Making local wholesale deliveries Wednesday and Friday.
Typical hours are Tuesdays 6:30 am – 4:30 pm (depending on traffic), delivery to Springfield on Wednesdays (2:00-4:00), and local wholesale deliveries on Fridays (1-2pm).
Applicant must have some experience driving a box truck and be able to easily back it up to a loading dock.
Ideal candidate for this position has experience and confidence driving, reversing, and handling city traffic in a large truck like this, is very responsible, and is able to carry out detail oriented tasks with little supervision.
Position requires lifting 50 lbs. Experience with a pallet jack is a plus.
Pay starts at $12/hr
On farm housing is not available but there are ample rental possibilities and housing shares in the surrounding area. Situated in the Connecticut River Valley, the farm is 10 minutes from Amherst, MA and 20 minutes from Northampton, MA. Nature and nightlife are close by. We are lucky enough to be growing on some of the best vegetable soil in the country. Come farm with us.
Applicants should send resume, cover letter, and references to Ray Young.