Hiring: Development Coordinator – All Farmers
Job Type & Schedule:
Hourly 20 hrs/wk. Some evening and weekend hours required.
Remote work; primary in-person work responsibilities in Springfield, MA and West Springfield, MA; some travel required. Access to a vehicle is required.
Hourly, $22.00-$26.00/hour depending on experience. Paid sick time.
Our work is complex, our team and constituents are diverse. The Development Coordinator will build/improve our donor engagement processes and systems and support other fundraising and administrative tasks as-needed. We are seeking commitment, organization, and relational intelligence. A commitment to social and racial justice is integral to this work and required of all staff.
The Development Coordinator will report to the Executive Director. Staff in this role should demonstrate initiative, organization, excellent interpersonal skills, and follow-through. Staff in this role should also demonstrate an of understanding of the nuances of issues facing our constituents and an attentiveness to approaching and articulating these issues with sensitivity and grace.
All Farmers supports autonomous groups of refugee and immigrant farmers in western Massachusetts. We understand the barriers immigrant and refugee farmers face from a social justice perspective, and work with the farmers to support their success in spite of the systemic barriers they face. Our strategic priorities are directed by the farmers collectively and through farmer representation on the Board of Directors. All Farmers works with over 60 farming families, who share four farm sites. Current farmers come from 10 countries, and predominantly speak Maai Maai, Nepali, and Kiswahili, as well as Kirundi and Congolese.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director to plan fundraising campaigns
- Develop/improve donor database
- Update donor engagement materials; generate new materials
- Support and lead writing grant proposals
- Support completion of administrative tasks
- Self-motivated; self-organized; excellent follow-through (required)
- Commitment to building and maintaining trust within farmer and other communities (required)
- Commitment to social and racial justice—professionally (preferred) and personally (required)
- Previous experience managing multiple project and goals (includes unpaid community programming) (required)
- Supervisory experience (strongly preferred)
- Previous development experience including through written appeals and events (strongly preferred)
- Business and/or marketing experience; farming experience (preferred)
- Excellent written communication abilities in English required
- Advanced use of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Google Docs (required)
- Donor database management/setup (strongly preferred)
- Bilingual in English and Maai Maai, Nepali, Kiswahili, or Spanish, or another language spoken by local refugee and immigrant communities (preferred)
- No educational requirements
How to Apply
Position open until filled. Qualified candidates should complete the online application available at www.allfarmers.world/employment and include responses to the questions below.
- Why do you want to work for All Farmers?
- Please tell us about your previous experiences with:
- Fundraising campaigns
- Written appeals
- Donor engagement and donor database management
- Grant writing
- Please include 1-2 writing samples and, if applicable, an example of your graphic design work as attachments to your application.