Hiring: Education and Outreach Coordinator – Stearns Farm CSA
Stearns Farm, CSA-Framingham, MA
Qualified candidates should send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Education and Outreach Coordinator will be responsible for managing all aspects of the educational programming at Stearns Farm CSA for 2016. The programming will include up to eight programs or events focused on Sustainable Living. In 2015, presentation topics included a fermentation program, a raw foods program, and a beneficial insect discussion.
The Education and Outreach Coordinator will be responsible for identifying programs that will appeal to members of the Stearns Farm community and the public at large, recruiting presenters (including re-engaging presenters from 2015), setting up in advance of each program and remaining on-site for the duration of the program. Additional responsibilities will include marketing and promoting the events, tracking attendance at the programs, and following up on opportunities for additional programming that develop throughout the season. The Education and Outreach Coordinator may be asked to attend a handful of community-based events (e.g., Earth Day festival on Framingham Common) to staff a Stearns Farm table.
The Education and Outreach Coordinator will report directly to the Stearns Farm Board of Directors and will work closely with one or two members of the Board. A work-for-share position requires a commitment of 120 hours, starting at the date of hire and ending in late October. The hours are flexible, but the programs are held mostly on weekends and evenings. The compensation for this position will be a full summer share at Stearns Farm. The summer share includes 20 weekly pickups (mid-June through mid-October).
- Familiarity with developing and managing programming for a small organization
- Excellent organization and communication skills. Some knowledge of marketing/PR is highly desired.
- Familiarity with social media and ability/willingness to do marketing/PR via online tools and website.
- Connections to other non-profits and/or businesses in the Metrowest area a plus.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel. Familiarity with SalesForce a plus, but not required.
- An understanding of and commitment to local, sustainable, organic farming. Some familiarity with the CSA model and/or with Stearns Farm is a plus.
Job Type: Temporary
- Marketing and Education experience preferred: 1 year