Hiring: Event and Project Coordinator – Farm to Institution New England
Farm to Institution New England (FINE), a fiscally sponsored project of Third Sector New England (TSNE), is a six-state network of nonprofit, public, and private entities working collaboratively to strengthen our food system by increasing the amount of New England-grown and processed food served in our region’s schools, hospitals, colleges and other institutions.
The FINE Event and Project Coordinator will join a team of four staff who all work remotely around New England, while collaborating at a high level. The Coordinator will play a lead role in coordinating the 2017 Farm to Institution Summit in April 2017, working in close contact with the Summit Steering Committee and FINE staff. The Coordinator will also support event planning for other events that FINE conducts and provide coordination functions for other FINE projects including the Processing Community of Practice and Harvest of the Month Community of Practice. This is a temporary position for 25 hours/week
Key Job Elements
- The Coordinator will play the lead role in coordinating the Farm to Institution Summit in April 2017 including performing the following functions:
- Working with Summit Steering Committee to develop and implement the Action Plan for the Summit;
- Coordinate with venue staff regarding room assignments, food arrangements and other needs;
- Help establish and implement systems related to registration, speaker/ workshop leader selection and assignments and scholarship offerings;
- Supervise volunteers during Summit proceedings.
- The Coordinator will also work with FINE staff to help organize other events, forums and webinars related to FINE projects;
- The Coordinator will provide coordination functions for the Processing Community of Practice (through January 2017) and the New England Harvest of the Month Community of Practice;
- The Coordinator will also play other roles as time permits including representing FINE at partner events, creating social media and digital communications;
- The Coordinator will attend weekly staff meetings (by phone) and periodic in-person meetings with staff and various project teams and advisory groups.
- The Coordinator needs to be able to work independently in a remote office and also be available for occasional travel around New England.
- Three to five years’ experience in project management or related fields;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage detailed and multi-faceted work plans;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to function well with uncertainty;
- Previous event-planning experience a must;
- Food system experience;
- Familiarity with the New England food systems network ;
- Good sense of humor.
We strongly encourage online applications.
We also accept applications by mail or fax. Apply by mail to: Third Sector New England, Attn: Employment Manager, Nonprofit Center, 89 South Street, Boston, MA 02111; or send by fax to: 617.523.2070.