Hiring: Executive Assistant – Bionutrient Food Association
Position: Executive Assistant
The Bionutrient Food Association (BFA) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization with the mission of increasing quality in the food supply. The BFA is a central leader in a growing movement that is connecting agriculture, food and human health. The organization’s main activities are to: convene and lead a large-scale, global and participatory research process (with growers, citizen scientists and other food and agriculture stakeholders) to better understand the nutritional qualities of food; develop new tools and software to better understand food quality; raise public consciousness about food quality; and provide educational opportunities about food quality and how it’s connected to agriculture practices and human health. The BFA is roughly ten years old and at a dynamic moment of incredible growth and expansion.
The primary purpose of this role is to conserve the Executive Director’s (ED’s) time to focus on fundraising and growth and to help both the ED and the broader organization stay organized and responsive.
● Assist ED with assembling and maintaining progress on their task list.
● Assist ED with relationship management—helping to manage their contact list, helping to input data into the Client Relationship Management (CRM) database, initiating communication with contacts. This also includes:
○ Helping ED manage/organize email.
○ Screen in-bound organization calls and ED’s business phone calls, redirecting to appropriate other staff as necessary.
○ Manage ED’s calendar and set up meetings on their behalf. At times assist the rest of the organization staff in setting up meetings.
● Make and manage organization’s business-related travel arrangements and speaking engagements.
● Organize ED’s organizational expenses and conduct relevant reporting.
● Assist with organization purchasing, purchase orders and invoicing.
● Provide general administrative support, including: data entry, organizing digital files, recording meeting minutes, assembling documents and slide decks, etc.
Key Characteristics, Skills and Experience
This is not an entry level position. We are lookingfor a highly skilled individual with a track record of experience similar to that described. Ideal candidates will be able to demonstrate:
●Work experience as an Executive Assistant, PersonalAssistant, Administrative Assistantor similar role, preferably with some experience doingso virtually●Outstanding organizational and time management skills
●Excellent verbal and written communication skills
●A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong up-managing skills.
●Responsibility, reliability and excellent follow-through
●Discretion and confidentiality
●Patience for and ability to navigate a dynamic and rapidly evolving organization
●Comfort with Google Suite—Gmail, Google Drive, Docs,Calendar, etc.
●Experience with project management software such asAsana
●Commitment to BFA mission and values
Team:Works in close partnership with other BFA staff,contractors and partners
Direct Supervisor: Dan Kittredge, Executive Director
Hourly Wage:$30 an hour
Schedule:Full-time (30-40 hours a week); Flexible but clear and accountable schedule, with most availability to be during typical business hours in Eastern time zone.
Location:Remote position with occasional travel as necessary (primarily to Massachusetts) keeping in mind climate impacts of air travel.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Executive Assistant in the subject line. In your cover letter, please describe your interest in the position and in the organization, along with experience that makes you a strong candidate for the job.We will accept applications through Friday, June 25 and hope to begin interviewing candidates shortly after.