Hiring: Executive Assistant (PT) – Round the Bend Farm
Round the Bend Farm (RTB), a Center for Restorative Community, is located in South Dartmouth, Massachusetts and is a 115-acre working farm and educational non-profit. We are a living laboratory that cultivates, educates, and empowers people of all ages. We are devoted to the global paradigm shift toward hope and abundance by valuing diversity, modeling nature, and redefining wealth. RTB is seeking an experienced, passionate, and motivated individual to join our team as an Executive
Assistant. We are accepting applications until the end of day on November 15, 2021. Anticipated start date of employment is December 2021.
As Executive Assistant (EA), this position requires a highly motivated and energetic individual- someone who is passionate about RTB’s mission, local food systems, the environment and social justice. This employee will perform a variety of administrative tasks to support our Executive Director. To be successful in this role, the EA needs to be well-organized, have great time management skills, and be able to act without continued guidance. The EA needs to be extremely flexible in nature, and it is expected that he/she/they will participate in the overall mission of RTB. The Executive Assistant will also be expected to help with special events support, including weddings, educational events, retreats and other meetings. Additional event compensation for hours worked above and beyond normal work hours will be provided. This part-time position (25 hours per week) will be demanding and challenging, but also meaningful and rewarding work.
*Please see the draft job description attached below for more details.
The ideal candidate would have at least 1-2 years of non-profit, administrative experience, although we are open to individuals who are quick learners and demonstrate sufficient motivation. As an organization that strives to value diversity in all that we do, we take care and place extra value in continuing to diversify our team.
Requirements for this position include:
● Commitment to working in the scope of RTB’s mission
● Desire to respect and care for the health of soil, plants, animals and humans
● Desire to participate in and build local, vibrant community
● Highly organized, energetic, strong work ethic
● Strong time management skills and the ability to make deadlines
● Ability to problem solve and multitask
● Dependable, tidy, flexible, personal maturity, mindful self-awareness, and a good sense of humor
● Courage, resilience, an open mind and open heart
● Excellent communication & “people” skills (both written and verbal), with the ability to accept direction and guidance
● Ability to work independently and in groups of diverse people
● Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (or equivalent)
● Being willing to contribute to communal living chores (meal preparations, cleaning tasks, etc.)
*Note: Preference will be given to candidates who have an active interest in environmental and social justice issues pertaining to both local and global food systems.
● Salary $20,800.00 (gross annual income); potential for additional event time pay outside of normal work hours;
● Meals crafted from delicious, vibrant, farm produce (during work hours);
● Part-time employee benefits include worker’s compensation, paid vacation days, wellness days and select holidays;
● Employee retirement plan: RTB contributes 10% of an employee’s annual salary to the employee’s 403(b) retirement plan (in addition to the employee’s salary, not taken from the employee’s salary); contributions are fully vested from day one, meaning that an employee owns 100% of the funds and there is no waiting period for this.
● RTB may provide room & board and internet access. Housing may include a private place to sleep (in a tiny house) and a shared kitchen/dining/library space with laundry facilities available. Please note: This job is not contingent upon living on the farm. Additional responsibilities to contribute to the community are required if a candidate decides to live on the farm.
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete the questionnaire in the link below and send a letter of interest (telling us about yourself and detailing your motivations and qualifications for this position), along with a brief resume and two professional references.
RTB Candidate Questionnaire: https://forms.gle/fLUYVnTFrZrKbguB6
Please send materials via email (preferred) to email@example.com, or via snail mail at:
Round the Bend Farm (RTB)
92 Allens Neck Road
South Dartmouth, MA 02748