Hiring: Executive Assistant – Round the Bend Farm
Round the Bend Farm, in Dartmouth, MA is offering a part-time, position for an Executive Assistant. Round the Bend Farm (RTB), a Center for Restorative Community located in Dartmouth, Massachusetts is a working farm and non-profit.
We are a living laboratory that cultivates, educates, and empowers change agents. We are devoted to the global paradigm shift toward hope and abundance by valuing diversity, modeling nature, and redefining wealth. We are seeking an executive assistant to join the farm and educational community as a part-time employee. We are looking for a highly motivated and energetic individual, passionate about the mission, to work alongside Desa, the Executive Director. The Executive Assistant will, but not limited to the following:
- Assist in administrative problem solving, program/project planning, development, and execution of stated goals and objectives.
- Compose routine correspondence and reports for the Executive Director. Prepare communications and presentations outlined by the Executive Director in oral or written directions.
- Assist in preparing presentations for the Executive Director for team meetings, board meetings, and educational tours and events.
- Maintain efficient record-keeping systems by assuring that accurate files are kept for administrative files both on server and in some cases, hard files.
- Collaborate and write/prepare appeals, e-blasts, blogs, articles and media-related postings with the Executive Director.
- Work independently and within a team on special, nonrecurring and ongoing projects.
- Serve as a project manager for special projects, at the request of the Executive Director, which may include: planning and coordinating multiple presentations, disseminating information, and organizing non-profit wide events.
- Assist the Executive Director in Human Resource and legal tasks.
The ideal candidate is a hardworking, self-starter and finisher, who is open to new ideas, someone that works well with a team and autonomously as well.
Qualifications required are:
- Knowledge of and commitment to the nonprofit sector, especially local food, sustainable farming, sustainability and social justice issues.
- Administrative skills; strong verbal and written skills, cordial, energetic and flexible; possess sound judgment, including the ability to use discretion and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Highly energetic, with a strong work ethic
- A desire to participate in local, vibrant community
- Dependable, tidy, flexible, open-minded and self-aware
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to accept direction and guidance
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
- A highly organized, detail oriented, “can-do” person
- A good sense of humor
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, QuickBooks, donor management systems and general database management
- Wants to strive towards hope and abundance in life
This is a part-time 20 hour/ per week position, with some benefits included. The hourly wage is based on experience and ranges from $15- $25/ hour.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter, resume and references to Desa Van Laarhoven via email (preferred) at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can mail them to Desa at Round the Bend Farm at 92B Allens Neck Road, Dartmouth, MA 02748.