Hiring: Executive Director – Franklin County Community Meals Program
Franklin County Community Meals Program – Executive Director
County Community Meals Program (FCCMP) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit whose mission is to work in partnership with the community to alleviate hunger. FCCMP programs include four free community meal sites in Greenfield, Turners Falls, Orange, and Northfield, the Orange Food Pantry, and monthly Mobile Food Bank in Turners Falls.
FCCMP’s vision is to foster an empowered community who work together to address food insecurity while building systems and infrastructure to holistically address hunger. FCCMP values the inherent dignity and worth of each person while building a community that is inclusive, formed in mutual respect and motivated by the power of collaboration. By uplifting and strengthening one another we endeavor to dismantle barriers to food resources and build food security for all.
Job Summary: The Executive Director is the key management leader of FCCMP. The Executive Director is responsible for managing the planning, organization and direction of all FCCMP’s operations and programs. Other key duties include fundraising, development, financial management, administration, marketing, and community relations. Most importantly, this role steers FCCMP in embodying its core values by serving the community while advancing the vision, mission and strategic direction of the organization. This position reports to the Board of Directors.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years related professional experience including (but not limited to) non-profit administration, management or development roles
● Commitment to the vision and mission of the Franklin County Community Meals Program
- Commitment to supporting local and regional food systems development
- Broad understanding of systemic issues related to hunger, food insecurity, and poverty
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks, Excel, Word Programs, Google Workspace, CRM databases and various social media platforms.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – persuasive and passionate communicator.
- Financial and accounting knowledge and management skills are preferable.
- Excellent organizational management skills – ability to coach staff, recruit and train volunteers, set and achieve strategic goals, develop and manage the annual budget.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and, at times, stressful environment; quick decision-making skills.
- Strong marketing, fundraising and public relation skills with ability to engage a diverse audience.
- Compassion for a diverse client base.
- Success working with a non-profit board of directors.
- Demonstrated ability to work as both a team member and as an independent leader.
- Must be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the state of Massachusetts.
Compensation: This is a full-time position with hourly pay starting at $27/hour.
Benefits include 2 weeks paid vacation; compensated health insurance costs; compensation for ServSafe certification and other staff development/training necessary to perform the position to the fullest extent of all regulations and compliance guidelines.
Hours are scheduled Monday through Friday with some flexibility. Occasional additional evening/weekend hours are expected for special events.
To Apply: Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail applications to FCCMP; P.O. Box 172 Greenfield, MA 01302. Applications accepted until the position is filled. Prompt applications encouraged.
FCCMP is an equal opportunity employer. FCCMP will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with FCCMP on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran, or other characteristics protected by law. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment.