Hiring: Farm Assistant – The Food Bank
The Food Bank is looking for a farmer for our first year on our Hadley farm!
The Farm Assistant will support, maintain, and organize the Food Bank farm and will provide hands-on support during the beginning stages of the farm, April-November 2021.
The schedule will be 24 hours/week to start and will increase to 32 hours/week. The position will be supervised by Food Bank staff while working for a temporary agency. The pay is $15/hour.
Is this you?
Minimum of 1-2 seasons of organic or no-till farming experience with relevant power equipment
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Flexible, work well as part of a team• Valid driver’s license and positive driving record
Nice to have
• Knowledge of, and experience with, systemic issues related to hunger and social justice
• Experience working with a team
• Public speaking experience
• Experience leading groups or teams
If you’re interested, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Farmer in the subject line.