Hiring: Farm Stand Manager – Small Ones Farm
Small Ones Farm is 63-acre family-owned farm in South Amherst, MA. We grow tree fruit (peaches, Asian pears, plums, and over 50 varieties of apples), raspberries, melons, pumpkins and garlic. We also press our own apple cider, make our own apple cider vinegar, and we sell pies made with our fruit. We use natural growing methods (holistic and certified through the Certified Naturally Grown program). Our primary sales outlets are our fruit CSA and our on-farm farm stand. Livestock includes laying hens, and a barn cat. We host a summer concert series, school group/camp visits, and fall apple picking (crop permitting).
Funded by an MDAR grant, our new farm stand was constructed in 2017. We seek a Farm Stand Manager to help manage and operate all aspects of the farm stand operation.
The duties listed are primary functions of the job, and are not intended to be all-inclusive. May be called upon to perform other duties comparable to those listed.
- Organizes a list of farm stand products and locates sources.
- Helps purchase, price and stock farm stand products.
- Manages farm stand inventory.
- Communicates with Farm Manager and Program Director regarding farm stand operation and needs.
- Assists with farm stand opening and closing.
- Helps to recruit and manage farm stand staff.
- Assists with farm stand events and staffing as needed.
- Retail experience, particularly managing inventory and pricing; preferably in agriculture
- Available on weekends
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to prioritize a wide range of tasks required
- Able to work independently
Hours: Part-time (up to 10-12 hrs/week), including weekend hours on most weekends. June through October.
Application requirements: Please send resume, letter of interest, and names/contact information for 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact qualified applicants to schedule a farm visit and interview.