Hiring: Farm Worker – Carrot Corner Farm
Carrot Corner Farm is a small farm feeding our neighbors in N. Amherst through a roadside stand and throughout the Amherst area with a table at the Amherst farmers market. We are entering our third year growing a variety of fruits and vegetables on about a ½ acre of fields, one hoophouse, a greenhouse on the way, a small flock of chickens, and room to expand. We practice organic, no-till farming.
Come join us (the two adults living at Carrot Corner) on our tucked away 6 acres in the middle of N. Amherst to help with the day-to-day of the farm, as well as with the planning throughout the growing season. Because we are small and growing, you can contribute to the vision of how we develop, as well as help add to our systems on the farm (fields, fencing, irrigation, starts and propagation). Our ideal candidate would:
– be excited to work on a small neighborhood farm and feed people
– enjoy being outside with plants and dirt all day
– have prior farming experience in a no-till, low-spray system
– be comfortable working independently much of the time, and keeping things going when we are away
– able to comfortably lift 50 lbs (compost, fertilizer sacs, etc.)
– interested in helping with our social media presence and expanding our markets into wholesale
We are looking for three-quarters (30hrs) to full-time (40 hrs/ week) from mid-April through mid-October, with the possibility of starting earlier. Exact hours negotiable, but will include 6 am – 9 am Saturday mornings during the harvest season to prep for the Amherst Farmers Market. Salary between $16 – $20 / hr depending on level of experience. Benefits include 1 week paid vacation and a $100 / month stipend towards health insurance. Must be at least 18 and eligible to work in the U.S.
To apply, please send resume, description of your interest in working on a farm, and at least two references to firstname.lastname@example.org.