Hiring: Farmers’ Market and CSA Staff – Warner Farm
Warner Farm is a 10th generation diversified small fruit and vegetable farm located in Sunderland, Ma. We grow over 150 acres of both IPM (125 ac.) and certified organic (25 ac.) crops for wholesale throughout the Pioneer Valley as well as operate a 300-member CSA and attend farmers markets in Eastern Massachusetts. In the fall, Warner Farm is also home to Mike’s Maze, the Pioneer Valley’s world famous corn maze, and Zombie Night Patrol, our premier haunted paintball attraction. Warner Farm always hires with an eye on our core values of respect, integrity, sustainability and family. We seek motivated, energetic, hard working individuals who can grow our business and grow with our farm family.
Warner Farm is seeking individuals to help staff farmer’s markets and CSA distributions. We attend 2 weekly farmer’s markets located in Amherst and Winchester as well as manage 4 different drop-off sites for our 400-member CSA program. Market staff is responsible for communicating directly with the public and must be comfortable regularly interacting with the public. While market and CSA drop off days can be demanding, sometimes requiring 10-hour days, management does its best to ensure time off in between long days. Market and CSA Staff report directly to the Farm Sales and Marketing Manager.
- Arriving promptly to load trucks for markets
- Filling out market logs accurately
- Driving to, setting up, and breaking down market displays
- Creating an attractive produce display
- Facilitating sales
- Answering customer questions about our farm and produce
- Attending weekly CSA drop off in the greater Boston area
- Attending weekly check-in meetings with management
- Providing management with feedback regarding markets and drop-offs
All duties are to be performed in a manner to promote a positive image of Warner Farm and ensure customer satisfaction.
- 1-2 years customer service experience
- An outgoing personality
- Hard working
- Ability to drive 16 ft box truck
- Previous farm experience
- Previous retail experience
- Interesting in cooking and fresh food
This is a seasonal, part-time position requiring up to 25 hours per week from May through October. $10/hr and access to delicious, fresh produce. To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applicants are received on a rolling basis and position is open until filled. Ideal start date is May 15th.