Hiring: Farmers Market Coach – Westfield Farmers Market and/or the Chicopee Farmers Market
Job description: Farmers Market Coach
Part-time seasonal, 5-7 hours/week, May – October
Positioned as a representative of LMHC 5-2-1-0 at the Westfield Farmers Market and/or the Chicopee Farmers Market, the Farmers Market Coach serves as a source of information for individuals and families attending the market; with the goals of increasing participants’ comfort and ease in navigating market, paying for purchases using EBT/SNAP/HIP, preparing/storing food, and providing information, resources, and live events supporting nutrition and healthy lifestyle choices
The coach maintains a reporting relationship with LMHC 5-2-1-0 and/or the community organization they are employed by.
Depending on the size of the market, responsibilities can include but are not limited to:
- Participate in farmers market coach, SNAP and HIP training.
- Maintain a LMHC 5210 table at each weekly market with educational materials
- Assist attendees in managing their farmer’s market experience, selecting currently available produce, and information on cooking, storing and preparing produce
- Support farmers’ market shoppers to maximize any payment benefit available (e.g. EBT/SNAP and Healthy Incentive Program (HIP) use)
- Provide educational materials and promote events from LMHC 5210 partners.
- Administer surveys that includes questions to understand who is attending the market, if they are using SNAP or HIP at the market, and what changes they would like to see at the market
- Track the number of adults and children that have been engaged and those educated about SNAP and HIP and logs it into an organized spreadsheet
- Attend monthly LMHC 5210 meetings (2nd Monday of the month from 1:15pm – 2:30pm) and give a report on market activities
- Experience in community outreach/education
- Exceptional customer service
- Interest in wellness and healthy eating
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
- Culturally sensitive
- Able to work independently.
- Able to lift and set up a folding table and carry materials from car or storage to market.
- Must have transportation.
To apply: Contact Dr. Vinny Biggs: email@example.com