Hiring: Farmers’ Market Manager – Next Barn Over
Farmers Market Manager
6 am – 3 pm, Saturdays, May 22nd – November 6th
Next Barn Over is a 50-acre, organic vegetable farm in Hadley, MA. We grow forty crops for our 800-member CSA and several local wholesale customers. The Farmers Market manager is responsible for setting up, staffing, and overseeing the NBO stand at the weekly Amherst Farmers Market each Saturday from late May-early November. We offer competitive hourly pay. This position can be combined with farm work during the week for the right individual.
We are looking for someone who:
- Enjoys interacting with the public, connecting folks with local food, and has service experience.
- Is attentive to aesthetics and can create a beautiful and organized market stand.
- Is strongly self-motivated and is able to work independently.
- Is passionate about sustainable agriculture with an interest in organic vegetable production, local food systems, and is knowledgeable about vegetable varieties.
- Is excited to share cooking tips and recipes for using the vegetables
- Is able to balance speed with high quality performance.
- Possesses a positive attitude.
- Is able to work a long and physically demanding shift on Saturdays, 6am-3pm
- Independently loading and unloading market produce into farm vehicle
- Driving a large truck
- Setting up and operating a beautiful, organized, user-friendly market stand
- Tracking sales and inventory electronically throughout the day and issuing reports at the end of the day
- Engaging with customers in a fast-paced environment and maintaining ability to be friendly and answer questions about produce (cooking tips, varieties, etc.)
Applicants please send resume and references to email@example.com