Hiring: Farmstand Manager – Red Fire Farm
At Red Fire Farm, we’ve been growing with certified organic practices since we started in 2001. We produce a wide diversity of vegetables, flowers, fruit, and a high quality selection of vegetable and bedding plant flowers for home gardens.
Our Granby farmstand is open from May 1 – mid November, 7 days a week. We are currently hiring for a full-time manager at our Granby Stand. We are seeking someone with retail management experience and an entrepreneurial mind to manage retail sales for higher profit, order products, create displays, organize small events, and manage the small crew of the stand. This position is a working manager with some hours covering the general work at the stand. Must be able to lift 50 lbs repeatedly and easily. Weekend availability a must. Seasonal position: March – end of November. Potential for year-round work in other areas of the farm.
Management Responsibilities include:
- Ordering and inventorying local products, plants and produce
- Implementing new POS system for inventory and sales tracking
- Creating and analyzing reports for retail products
- Display management for increased sales
- Staff hiring, training and feedback
- Scheduling and work plans for stand crew
- Other related tasks
Stand Responsibilities include:
- Keeping fresh produce on shelves stocked and accurately labeled
- Creating and implementing displays with the latest produce
- Maintaining cleanliness of stand and overall stand organization
- Assisting with maintenance of farmstand grounds
- Customer service including helping customers with purchases and questions about plants, produce and farm shares
- Maintaining bedding plants and front garden
Qualified applicants would have:
- Ability to work efficiently and organize others based on priorities
- Leadership experience in delegating tasks, communicating goals, and motivating staff
- Retail management experience using reports to increase sales
- Detail-oriented recordkeeping experience
- Ability to lift 50lbs repeatedly and easily, and to hustle through a physically busy day
- Experience in customer service and retail
- Proficiency with POS systems, Microsoft Excel, Word, and e-mail
- Familiarity with produce and garden plants
- Passion for local food
Other perks of the job include:
- Access to delicious, organic produce
- Fresh air and exercise
- An open, friendly environment where your feedback is welcomed
- Opportunities to advance and build on your skills
Hourly rate of $11-12/hr with net profit related bonus. Position located at 7 Carver St in Granby, MA. Private rooms in nearby farmhouse available for rent.
Please send applications now to firstname.lastname@example.org. Open until filled. Position starts as soon as possible.
Please detail previous experience in your application.