Hiring: Field & Post Harvest Crew – Bardwell Farm
Field & Post Harvest Crew / Full-time Positions Available
Job Description: Bardwell Farm is seeking highly motivated people that are interested in agriculture, enjoy working outdoors, not afraid of hard work, and adverse weather conditions. Individuals will report to the owner, manager and/or supervisor and will work as a team and/or by themselves on a variety of different tasks throughout the work week. Tasks will include, but are not limited to,
planting, weeding, harvesting, washing of produce, as well as use, cleaning, and maintenance of hand tools and/or equipment.
Individuals must be willing to learn, collaborate and grow with our small but busy farm.
• Full-time, 5-6 days a week (subject to change)
• 6:45am-6:00pm, half hour unpaid lunch
• Salary $12.75+ per hour (based on experience)
• 30-day evaluation
• Must have a positive work approach
• Must be punctual and work scheduled hours
• 1-2 years agriculture experience preferred
• Ability to do physical labor for long periods of time
• Ability to work at an efficient and steady pace
• Ability to lift 50lbs
• Valid driver’s license preferred
• Harvesting of crops
• Washing and packing of crops
• Assist with farmstand and CSA setup
• Regular cleaning, sanitization and organizing of buckets, crates, equipment, and tools used in harvest and wash areas
• Field preparation, planting, and weed/cultivation control
• Scouting for pests, disease, or other issues in the field
• Maintain cleanliness and organization meeting FSMA standards
• Farm repairs
• Inventory of product
• Capturing images for social media and marketing
• Share ideas and collaborate
• Strive to meet all FSMA Standards
Visit https://www.bardwellfarm.com/employment.html#/ to apply. Please attach a resume if you have one.
*The above is intended to describe the principle responsibilities, outcomes and the associated requirements. It is not intended as an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job.