Hiring: Finance & Administrative Coordinator – Real Pickles
Finance & Administrative Coordinator
20 hours per week / Reports to Finance Manager
Real Pickles is a worker-owned co-operative in Greenfield, MA, producing organic fermented vegetables from Northeast-grown produce. Our mission is to promote human and ecological health by providing people with delicious, nourishing food and by working toward a regional, organic food system in the Northeast. We work to effect positive change for both people and the planet, from our commitment to purchase our vegetables exclusively from regional farms to our solar-powered and energy-efficient facility. Founded in 2001, Real Pickles has contributed to the modern resurgence of traditional fermented vegetables in the American diet and continues to be an industry leader in fermented foods. As a co-operative, each worker has the opportunity to become an owner of the business and participate in shaping its future. We are committed to the work of racial justice and to creating good jobs that support the dignity of all workers. We are seeking a highly-qualified individual, who is inspired by our mission and interested in exploring workerownership in our co-op, to fill the role of Finance & Administrative Coordinator. This person will work with our finance manager to ensure our financial and administrative functions are continually supporting Real Pickles’ operations and success. The work location is our facility in Greenfield, MA.
The Finance & Administrative Coordinator position includes the following duties and responsibilities:
• Administer accounts payable and biweekly payroll;
• Prepare bank deposits;
• Track and communicate with customers on accounts receivable issues;
• Work with finance manager to troubleshoot accounting issues;
• Assist finance manager in preparing annual budget and in preparing and analyzing quarterly and year-end financial statements;
• Assist finance manager in administering employee benefits;
• Provide support to department supervisors in administering hiring processes and onboarding new staff;
• Conduct research on HR and finance topics as needed;
• Maintain updated HR materials;
• Purchase materials and supplies for production, distribution, and office needs; and
• Assist with administrative tasks related to office computers and digital file management.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience and/or education in business accounting or finance.
• Strong familiarity with bookkeeping practices and financial statements.
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Able to independently manage and prioritize time and responsibilities.
• Reliable and responsive.
• Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Committed to equity, inclusiveness, and social mission-driven business.
• A collaborative and respectful team player.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented.
• Flexible and able to manage several tasks at once.
• Strong computer and math skills, including experience with Quickbooks and spreadsheets.
Compensation and Benefits:
• $20 to $22 per hour, depending on experience.
• Paid time off benefit.
• SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with 3% company match.
• Eligibility after one year to become a worker-owner in our co-op.
Please email a resume and letter of interest to us. Send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position will remain open until it is filled. Real Pickles is committed to an equitable, inclusive and supportive workplace where everyone is treated as a respected member of the team. We value having a diversity of life experiences and perspectives on our staff. Applicants who identify as people of color and/or trans are especially encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer.