Hiring: Food Corps AmeriCorps Service Members – Springfield Public Schools
We’re Looking for FoodCorps AmeriCorps Service Members!
As Springfield Public School district continues its transformation of the school meal program, FoodCorps service members will help engage families in the meal program improvements through hands-on learning opportunities, community events and schoolwide communications, capture and integrate student voice in menus, and create cafeteria environments that celebrate and encourage healthy choices.
Springfield is seeking a FoodCorps AmeriCorps Service Member with the following qualifications:
- Must have experience working with children.
- Must be able to relate well to youth, teachers, administrators, parents, and other youth facilitators.
- Possess some knowledge of the food system and urban agriculture.
- A desire to learn the about school meal programs.
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Must be reliable, accountable, and a team player.
- Must have access to reliable transportation.
In exchange for your service, you’ll receive:
- $22,000 living stipend paid out in biweekly increments over your 11-month term
- $6,095 AmeriCorps Segal education award upon successful completion of your term of service, which can be used for additional schooling or to pay off student loans
- Student loan deferral or forbearance upon approval from your lender
- Health insurance if you aren’t already covered
- If you have children, you might be eligible for childcare reimbursements
- Numerous training and professional development opportunities
- The experience of a lifetime!
If you are interested in applying for this unique FoodCorps AmeriCorps Service Member position, please start our online application today, select Massachusetts as your preferred state and select the Springfield Public Schools as a preferred site. The application deadline is March 15th!