Hiring: Food Hub Warehouse Administrative Coordinator
Food Hub Warehouse Administrative Coordinator
Food Connects is seeking a Warehouse Administrative Coordinator to join the Food Hub Warehouse Team within the Operations Department to support the rapidly increasing flow of regionally sourced products moving through our warehouse. The Warehouse Administrative Coordinator will employ their technical experience to lend vital backend and administrative support to the Warehouse Team. We are hoping to hire full-time (32-40 hours per week), but for the right candidate, a part-time schedule (25-31 hours per week) may be available.
Position Title: Food Hub Warehouse Administrative Coordinator
Supervisor: Food Hub Warehouse Specialist
Employee Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt, Hourly
We value diversity in all forms and strive to have our employment practices reflect that. We are an equal-opportunity workplace and will not discriminate based on disability or other legally protected categories. If an employee has a disability that makes it difficult to perform their job duties, they are encouraged to notify us to engage in a discussion about reasonable accommodations.
About Food Connects
Food Connects is a dynamic and quickly growing nonprofit organization based in Brattleboro, VT delivering regionally produced food and educational and consulting services aimed at transforming regional food systems. Founded in 2013, Food Connects (FC) catalyzes food systems change by connecting the next generation with their food, regional farmers with new markets, and school chefs with regional food.
The Food Connects Food Hub delivers source-identified, regional food from over 125 farms and value-added vendors to over 280 wholesale customers in Vermont, New Hampshire, and Western Massachusetts. Currently, we have vehicles on the road for pickups and deliveries 5 days per week. The Food Hub is experiencing rapid growth and will expand operations, infrastructure, and delivery schedule over the coming year.
The Food Hub Warehouse Administrative Coordinator assists in the warehouse and provides vital backend and administrative support to the Warehouse Team and Warehouse-specific functions, helping to coordinate day-to-day warehouse tasks within our new Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software system. This role helps ensure the warehouse is optimally utilized, contributing to the safe and timely flow of Food Hub products. This person must have consistently exceptional organizational,problem-solving, and record-keeping skills with a high level of attention to detail. This is a hands-on position with the expectation that this individual will be flexible and able to jump in where needed to optimize operations and support other team members. This position is supervised by the Warehouse Specialist and collaborates closely with the rest of the Operations Team.
- Attention to Communication: The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed.
- Task Management: Can prioritize tasks and work toward their completion through tracking details and progress and, when needed, toggling between different projects or assignments.
- Time Management: Can organize time for optimum efficacy with regard to deadlines, collaboration, competing priorities, and personal work style.
- Fostering Teamwork: As a team member, the ability and desire to work cooperatively with others in a team environment.
- Flexibility: Openness to different and new ways of doing things, willingness to modify one’s preferred way of doing things.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with processing daily order fulfillment within the Food Hub’s within our new Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software system.
- Assists with inventory management, ensuring items received are recorded and reconciled accurately.
- Assists with recording, researching, and resolving any order or inventory issues, both physically and digitally.
- Assists with weekly & monthly inventory counting & reconciliation processes.
- Assists with coordinating cross-dock and storage requests, recording, and product flow.
- Assists FHWS with day-to-day warehouse operations, including order picking and labeling product, sorting orders and ensuring they contain the correct products, staging orders in delivery order, and helping load orders onto delivery vehicles to ensure quality, food safety, and personal safety.
- Assists with loading products on and off delivery vehicles to ensure a safe and efficient delivery process as well as maintaining product quality during transit.
- Coordinates last-minute order changes, paperwork updates, and route details between Food Hub delivery drivers.
- Assists FH drivers with questions as needed.
Warehouse Compliance & Sanitation
- Assists with facility setup and warehouse maintenance programs in compliance with food safety regulations to maintain a clean & hazard-free warehouse.
- Ensures compliance with food safety processes, including temperature tracking on incoming product and outgoing vehicles, allergen handling, product handling and storage, and temperature control in all food handling zones.
- Assists with warehouse sanitation tasks, including completing and maintaining all required warehouse sanitation logs
- Fill in for other staff when needed.
- Assist with training new employees, as needed.
- Occasional paid off-hours meetings and events (with plenty of advance notice).
- Attend regular one-on-one check-ins with supervisor to seek and provide proactive and constructive feedback for mutual improvement and the general betterment of the Food Hub.
- Engage in annual self-review.
- Participate in annual peer-review processes for employees as required.
- Other duties as needed to assist Food Connects in fulfilling its mission.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands
Food Connects will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals to perform the essential functions of their work to the degree we can do so.
The ideal candidate has availability during the hours below and is available to work between 25-40 hours per week over the course of 4-5 week days, pending full-time or part-time application.
- Monday: 8AM-5PM
- Tues: 9AM-5PM
- Weds: 7AM-5PM (possibly earlier seasonally)
- Thurs: 7:30AM-5PM
- Fri: 7AM-5PM
- The position is based in the Food Connects Food Hub facility in Brattleboro, VT.
- The duties for this position occur in a combination of a warehouse environment and an office/desk workstation.
- Some federal holidays may require at least part-time work. Adequate advanced notice will be provided.
- As a hands-on position, this role requires onsite work, with minimal opportunities to work remotely.
Physical Demands – Required:
- Ability to repeatedly lift and move products (up to 50 lbs).
- Ability to operate pallet jacks and lift trucks in the warehouse.
- This position entails extensive use of a desktop or laptop computer, sitting or standing at a desk workstation.
- At least 1 year of experience in one or more of the following types of roles:
- Warehouse operations
- Distribution operations
- Other applicable lived experience
- Strong technical skills with computers, spreadsheets, emails, and digital business management tools such as: G-suite, Excel, Slack, Asana, and customer relationship management (CRM) software.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal: in person, over the phone, email, text.
- Strong organizational skills and natural proclivity for keeping detailed records.
- Reliable transportation for getting to headquarters in Brattleboro, VT.
- Reliable cell phone with data plan.
- Enthusiastic ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable with change and growth in an evolving business, creative problem solver, and ability to jump in where needed to optimize operations.
- Cheerful, professional presence. A sense of humor and a positive, can-do attitude.
- At least three professional references.
- Experience in logistics and/or food distribution.
- Experience with E-commerce and enterprise resource planning (ERP) software for food sales and distribution.
- Knowledge of basic food safety regulations.
- ServSafe Certified.
- Experience operating pallet jacks and forklifts.
- General knowledge of veggies, fruits, or other locally-produced items.
- Familiarity and alignment with Food Connects’ mission and organizational culture.
- Existing relationships with local food producers.
- Familiarity with the geographical area of delivery services.
- This is an hourly, non-exempt position.
- Beginning at $19.00 hourly. Negotiable depending on experience.
- The following benefits are offered after a 90-day introductory period:
- Paid time off: vacation, sick, personal, and holiday leave
- Short-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Access to vision and dental insurance
- 15% employee discount on food purchases.
- 2% employer retirement contribution, no employee contribution required.