Teach, learn, and grow with FoodCorps in Massachusetts!
Apply to FoodCorps
Ready to join? Visit foodcorps.org/apply to check deadlines and learn how to submit your application.
Where will you be based in Massachusetts?
Service Sites in Massachusetts
- Holyoke Public Schools
- Lowell Public Schools
- Springfield Public Schools
- The Marion Institute
What is FoodCorps?
FoodCorps partners with schools and communities to nourish kids’ health, education, and sense of belonging.
What You’ll Do
With FoodCorps, you’ll spend a year teaching kids about food in gardens, cafeterias, and classrooms. You’ll earn a stipend, professional development resources, and plenty of other benefits. Best of all, you’ll build connections with a network of passionate school food champions.
Your service year is a full-time, eleven-month commitment from August to July. You can choose one of two tracks:
- Food Education – You’ll work alongside educators to teach kids about food in gardens, classrooms, and cafeterias.
- School Nutrition – You’ll work alongside school nutrition leaders to procure and promote nourishing school meals.
What are the Benefits?
- Living Stipend – $33,000 for the full 11-month term
- Segal AmeriCorps Education Award – An award of $6,895, available after completion of your service term, for repaying qualified student loans and paying current educational expenses at eligible institutions of higher education and training programs
- Health Insurance – Health, dental, and vision coverage
- Professional Development – A year’s worth of trainings—and a passionate community of peers—to prepare you for a career in food education, school nutrition, policy, or another relevant field