Hiring: General Manager – Atlas Farm
Atlas Farm, General Manager
Founded in 2004, Atlas Farm is a 95-acre certified organic, diversified family farm with its roots in the
fertile soil of the Connecticut River Valley. Our produce is sold at the Atlas Farm Store, Farmer’s
Markets and to wholesale customers throughout New England. Atlas Farm is seeking a General
Manager. This a new role that is responsible for overseeing daily operations, strategic business
planning, crop sales, financial management and analysis. This role reports directly to the Owner.
Scope of Work:
● Support managers in daily operations of: field production, greenhouse production, packing
house, administrative, farm store, farmer’s market, and equipment and facilities.
● Support managers in labor relations and to refine and develop SOPs.
● Oversee employee lifecycle stages; recruiting, hiring, onboarding, development, retention and
● Foster a culture of transparent and effective communication across the entire management team.
Strategic Planning/ Financial Management
● Collaborate with farm owner to develop short and long term strategic plans for each
● Analyze business financial statements, crop production and sales records to create quarterly and
annual budgets for the overall business and for each department.
● Understand the account and company setup steps and maintain knowledge of all areas of the
company’s QuickBooks records.
● Build sales pipeline for field and greenhouse crops. Identify ideal customer profiles and target
● Maintain and develop relationships with new and existing customers to meet sales goals.
● Assist Packing House manager in on-boarding new customers and accounts.
● Assist Farmer’s Market Manager and Farm Store Manager in hitting their sales goals and in
general retail management.
This is a full time, year round position with increased hours during the field production season of April
through November and reduced hours from December through March.
● April-November: average 55 hours/week with ramp up and down on both ends of the main
growing season; typical schedule M-F, 5:30am-4:00pm with part time Saturday hours
● December-March: average 35-40 hours/week; typical schedule M-F, 8am-4pm
Education & Experience
● Bachelor’s degree in business management or related field.
● 2 or more years in a senior level management role in the agriculture industry or related field.
Qualifications & Requirements
● Culturally aligned with Atlas Farm’s mission, vision and values.
● Knowledge and understanding of standard concepts, practices and procedures in a greenhouse
and field grown agriculture environment required.
● Demonstrated problem-solving and management skills.
● Ability to communicate clearly with employees, management, customers and vendors.
● Fluent in QuickBooks and Microsoft Office.
● Ability to stand for long periods of time, walk, reach with hands and arms, as well as stooping,
kneeling, crouching and climbing.
● Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds, often lift up to 25 pounds, and constantly lift up to
● Potential start-up Equity to align incentives
● Relocation assistance available.
● Competitive annual salary
● Paid vacation
○ 80 hours paid vacation time in first year + performance review
○ Additional one week unpaid vacation time available from December through March.
● Complimentary farm produce
● 25% discount on all goods sold at the Atlas Farm Store.
● Health Insurance benefits TBD
Please email resume to email@example.com
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without
attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or