Hiring: Greenhouse and Flower Assistant – Red Fire Farm
Looking for a farm job that runs the full life cycle of a crop? One that combines plant knowledge and growing practice with the artistry of flower arranging? The greenhouse is where it all begins! We’re looking for someone with one year of farming experience and a creative eye to work in Red Fire Farm’s greenhouse and flower departments. Spring will be all about seeding and potting up those plant babies while summer brings you out into the field to care for our flower crop from transplanting to bouquet making for our flower CSA, markets, and wholesale accounts.
- Seed vegetable and flower starts and assist greenhouse care
- Propagation, transplanting, and general care of greenhouse plants
- Watering and venting greenhouse (includes weekend work rotations)
- Harvest and cultivate flowers and prepare bouquets for scheduled deliveries
- Assist with greenhouse and vegetable farm activities as needed
Schedule: Position begins in April and ends on September 30th, 2016. Winter work in other farm departments may be available.
Hours: Typical hours are 6 – 4 pm Monday through Friday, with a one-hour lunch. Anticipated average of 40-50 hours per week, more hours in peak growing season (up to 60+), less in spring and fall. Due to the nature of farming, all crew are expected to be available to work on the holidays that occur during the active farming season, and to be flexible with the length of work days during the season.
$11/hr plus free organic veggies
To apply, please send a cover letter outlining why you’re a great fit for the role as well as your resume and three references to email@example.com